The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

120px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.pngPenguins.gif?t=1311099060PRESS RELEASE - TRADES

The Pittsburgh Penguins would like to welcome a plethora of young talent to the organization. We would individually like to welcome a wave of youth at Goaltending, Defence and at the Forward positions. Specifically, we are really excited to welcome, Jacob Markstrom, Ian Cole, Braydon Coburn, Paul Gaustad, Zach Boychuk, Scott Glennie, and Aaron Palushaj.

We are at the same time thankful and wish all our best to Niklas, James and Mike for their service, time and leadership as Penguins.

The influx of very skilled young and affordable players, for the Pittsburgh organization is the kind of depth and prospect pool that this organization has not seen in many years.

The Pittsburgh Management team would like to extend our thanks to the Florida and San Jose General Managers and their management for their professionalism and wish them and their respective organizations all the best.

In the long run, a steal for the Penguins.

I agree, but getting Reimer, a good young goaltender who's looking like a solid starter on a team that believe it or not, might actually push for a playoff spot, is a big plus for San Jose.

Reimer nearly single handedly dragged the Leafs into the playoff picture for quite a while last spring. In his rookie year. Playing behind the LEAFS for crying out loud. And who doesn't want a starter like that, who's paid under a million per season?

I agree, but getting Reimer, a good young goaltender who's looking like a solid starter on a team that believe it or not, might actually push for a playoff spot, is a big plus for San Jose.

Reimer nearly single handedly dragged the Leafs into the playoff picture for quite a while last spring. In his rookie year. Playing behind the LEAFS for crying out loud. And who doesn't want a starter like that, who's paid under a million per season?

Poll:

I think the West is too challenging for Winnipeg and Columbus to make it in the Playoffs and I think St.Louis will be the team to push for the 8th spot. In the East between the Leafs and Islanders i would bet on the Leafs making the Playoffs as the Islanders just aren't that good yet ( again cdc and nhl ), as there is more bubble teams in the East I feel the Leafs will have the best chance to make the Playoffs.

Islanders.

With Nabokov and a healthy Streit and the emergence of Grabner along with Tavares, Bailey, Okoposo, Moulson, Neilson, Hamonic, and the addition of Rolston.....along with their other decent players.

My money is on these guys,

Edit - The depth at center is pretty impressive....Tavares, Bailey, Neilsen.

Archived