The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I'm aware that there are several trades that need to be posted. I can't edit the charts from my phone, so tonight when I get home, expect a lot of trades.

As for the previous comments, I'd like to know why exactly you seem to think that signing is suspect in any way? I've been keeping in frequent contact with teemu since June, my offer included a NMC, a chance to remain on the team he was with last season, playing for a contender, and to the best of my knowledge, was by far the highest dollar amount offered. Oh yes, and Selanne hasn't committed to playing next year yet, unless he's made an announcement I'm not aware of. Anything further on the matter can be addressed by theminister, I'm not going to bother with it other than to say I don't see anything wrong with trying to retain my players through fair contract extensions.

I think you may have misread these comments Curt... I read it as two of the newer guys genuinely curious to see the offer that you tabled to Teemu. I think some folks are starting to realize that some of us put alot of work into our contract offers, and maybe have never seen one.

Am I right guys?

Maybe we should show a few good examples from teams willing to show some samples of past offers if this is the case. I`d be willing to share a couple, for the betterment of future contract talks...

Wow, seriously? Can you people even read edits? You get bitched out for not doing a good job offering UFA contracts then you get bitched out for asking to see a supposedly good offer? As far as I remember, there was only 1 example posted and it was c2xs. Not sure how you guys learn, but I don't do so well when I just get critized.

I didn't think this signing was suspect, I didnt even put in a phucking offer for Selanne (which you agents should have all known), yet I'm the deuchbag here right?

Fine, whatever, don't show me - but next time keep your mouth shut on how I run my team if the best you can do is send snide comments my way and then not bother to help when asked.

I really want to end this with a "frak you all" but I'm sure thats inappropriate as this is all just a misunderstanding... still, thats how I'm feeling right now.

Just so you know

Wow, seriously? Can you people even read edits? You get bitched out for not doing a good job offering UFA contracts then you get bitched out for asking to see a supposedly good offer? As far as I remember, there was only 1 example posted and it was c2xs. Not sure how you guys learn, but I don't do so well when I just get critized.

I didn't think this signing was suspect, I didnt even put in a phucking offer for Selanne (which you agents should have all known), yet I'm the deuchbag here right?

Fine, whatever, don't show me - but next time keep your mouth shut on how I run my team if the best you can do is send snide comments my way and then not bother to help when asked.

I really want to end this with a "frak you all" but I'm sure thats inappropriate as this is all just a misunderstanding... still, thats how I'm feeling right now.

Just so you know

I was successful in my attempts to sign Alex Tanguay and Jonathon Blum this offseason, and I don't mind if either of those pitches are made public either. Unless the agents have a problem with that, of course.

*edit*. Wouldn't you know it, I deleted both PM threads. Unless an agent still has the pitch on file, I guess my offer was useless.

I'll always try and write a good pitch, because it really can make a difference, no doubt about it. I wrote (I think) good pitches to two of the bigger named FA's this year and while they were unsuccessful, I can hold my head up and say "well, I know I tried my best".

I don't know if it bugs C2x or not but I also have the bad habit of constantly bringing it up on msn about the player just to show that I have serious interest still, sometimes it helps other times I guess the fit's not quite right.

I was able to bring in plekanec and subban last off season with a similar approach, IIRC.

I'd like to take this time to apologise to c2x if it does, indeed,bug him!

I'll always try and write a good pitch, because it really can make a difference, no doubt about it. I wrote (I think) good pitches to two of the bigger named FA's this year and while they were unsuccessful, I can hold my head up and say "well, I know I tried my best".

I don't know if it bugs C2x or not but I also have the bad habit of constantly bringing it up on msn about the player just to show that I have serious interest still, sometimes it helps other times I guess the fit's not quite right.

I was able to bring in plekanec and subban last off season with a similar approach, IIRC.

I'd like to take this time to apologise to c2x if it does, indeed,bug him!

Archived