The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

The Pittsburgh Penguins management and coaching staff have a great relationship and complete confidence in Sheldon. We believe Sheldon will return to his previous top 4 form and those that doubt or make light of his passion, professionalism or production potential will be proven wrong with what our organization believes will be a banner year for Sheldon.

I think he'll have a banner year relative to the last couple of years.....he's healthy and expected to receive top 4 minutes and plenty of PP time. He's big, tough and Pittsburgh should enjoy reaping the rewards of a few extra PIM points from him.

And he was buried....not for lack of talent.

I think he'll put up around 30-35 points and be a real presence on that Dallas backend....especially on the PP.

But laugh if you want....we'll see what happens.

Tentative Penguins Roster....

Forwards

Heatley - Staal - Jagr

Hall - Stamkos - Penner

Brunette - Mitchell - Jones

Konopka - Gaustad - (TBD)

Caputi - Couturier - Glennie

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Defence

Timmonen - Coburn

Colaiacovo - Souray

Clitsome - (TBD)

Cole - Kessel

Sanguinetti - Johnsson(redcross_flag_tmb.jpg)

Goaltending

Varlamov

Greiss

Markstrom

Niittymaki(redcross_flag_tmb.jpg)

I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts or analysis....as I finish tweaking the lineup, heading into the season.

FORWARDS: As good a top six forward group as any team. A couple things, assuming Jagr can play half as good as most expect and if Hall keeps improving then there should be solid production from the top six. Brunette on the 3rd line currently could end up being interesting as he may very well end up top six in Chicago and 45 points is not a stretch from him. Bottom six, mainly fourth line could use more depth and a couple additions before the start of the season could help.

DEFENSE: Timonen and Colaiacovo could provide the most production, Souray is still hit and miss but should be a regular. Coburn has potential to put up points but his game has shifted and will be consistant but not as big a producer may be needed. Sanguinetti is a somebody poised to breakout and add offense, maybe this is the year in Carolina. Defense sure could use at least one more NHLer.

GOALTENDING: Varlamov could have a solid year, however Colorado's defense is not very strong and Varlamov will face alot of high percentage shots. He could be a solid number one so there is potnetial to see him produce nicely for Pittsburgh. Markstrom will be very solid but having Greiss and Niitymaki on the team solidifies the goaltending position and any combination should be able to earn points for the team.

PREDICTION: Based on some highend talent upfront and a couple offensive defensemen, Pittsburgh could be quite productive. Goaltending is the unkown, could very well put up big numbers, but injuries could limit points. The roster does tail off a bit based on who may or may not be in the Playoffs, but there is a solid enough team to get to the second season....Anything can happen after that !

^ I'm not a big fan of them tbh.....there's just something about them that makes me 'meh' about them.

It might be the uber pointy leaf in the middle, or the thick white stripes....

I kinda preferred this version of the maple leaf crest, or the one in your sig, i suppose.....

leafs.png

The sharp pointed one, reminds me too much of the Canadian Flag version....which then kinda makes me mad that Toronto is co-opting our national flag for their uniforms.....a team despised by more Canadians from coast to coast than any other Canadian club. ;)

Another question that I was pondering late last night....

When it comes to LTIR, are we following the same 'in real life' remedies afforded by it to us, in context with bringing up player(s) in replace of the person that is on LTIR, up to the amount of the injured player's salary?

Another question that I was pondering late last night....

When it comes to LTIR, are we following the same 'in real life' remedies afforded by it to us, in context with bringing up player(s) in replace of the person that is on LTIR, up to the amount of the injured player's salary?

Apologies if im just adding confusion or trying to say the same thing.

If a player goes to LTIR, the player's current pro-rated caphit comes off the active roster. Example a player with a 4m annual caphit gets injured at the quarter point of season and has already been paid 1m of his salary ( one quarter ). So the caphit coming off the active roster would be 3m. That is how much room you have added to your capspace while the injured player is away.

Players who have been on your minors team have full annual caphits until they play on your active NHL roster. So a prospect called up to fill in for the injured player may make 950k per season. This will be the caphit added to your active roster.

Does this help ?

the IRL method pro rates every salary to the 187 day season: maybe slightly shorter or longer this year, unsure....but yeah...squeek seems to have the best answer to my eyes.

if season is 190 days and salary is 1m then 19 days worth of callup is 100k

if LTIR starts 19 days into the season for a 1m dollar player then 100k has already been spent of his salary, and should he be out the rest of the way, relief would be available to the tune of 900k..but only once you hit the cap, so if your not at the cap including his healthy salary, you wouldn't 'save' money..your relief money would be added to your salary. Say your .5m away from cap before injury: remember you already paid him 100k so with rest of season injury your 900k + your 500k from cap ceiling or 1.4m from cap ceiling..so your relief wouldn't really matter as its only 900k..until it gets complicated with adding and subtracting other salaries via trade, callups...blah blah blah...i am talking in circles now...haha Hope i helped

long story short: if your close to the cap it could be important, if your not don't worry about it till you need it..then it is easy enough as the situations occur to do the math..but to pre-emptively do the math on hypotheticals is a complete and utter waste of time unless your a GM who is intending on circumventing the cap..ahem..cough...which is against the rule book.

Archived