The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

News out of Hockeytown:

The Detroit Red Wings have analyzed their situation going into the trade deadline and beyond, and in a word, it's "Complicated". Wings GM has stated that they are neither buyers nor sellers in the next 7 days leading up to the CDCGML trade deadline. "We will not be making any drastic moves such as top picks and prospects for rental players" said Wings GM CoN. He added "As well, we will not be trading away our pending FA's for picks/prospects either". It seems if the Red Wings are going to be making any trades in the coming days, it will be of the "hockey" variety. "This does not mean we will not be active, we will still be discussing potential trades. "We will simply be looking to make trades that help this team this year and next, without mortgaging the future of the franchise." said CoN.

Report: The Ducks are very happy to welcome F Brad Winchester and F Zach Budish to the organization.

"Losing Jordan Schroeder was a tough call to make" said Brunners via conference call after the trade was made. "However we felt this deal works for us. We're a few bodies short up front with Latendresse and Huselius still being out and Hornqvist not quite back to full fitness. Brad Winchester is not only a solid body for our forward lines but he's a play off player, and that's important for us.

"As well we got Zach Budish, who's currently playing at University. We expect big things of the lad and will develop him slowly up through the system.

"The big deal here is clearing cap space from our minors, we now have the ability to re stock our prospect cupboard to a respectable level"

Anaheim Ducks Roster

Patric Hornqvist - Tomas Plekanec - Joffrey Lupul

Tyler Bozak - Martin Hanzal - Gabriel Bourque

Chris Thorburn - Zack Smith - Patrick Kaleta

Brad Winchester - Mike Santorelli - Ben Eager

Michael Haley

PK Subban - Ryan McDonagh

Fedor Tyutin - Francois Beauchemin

Francis Bouillon - Keith Ballard

Pekka Rinne

Jonathan Bernier

The Anaheim Ducks would like to send D Jonos Holos down to The California Golden Seals.

Turning a 3rd to last place team into a contender in 5 months required many of those 12.3 minute segments.....when(hehe) I win the cup, I think that's an automatic birth into the CDCGML Hall of fame.

We'll see how long it takes you to win the Cup. :P

Now that I'm all caught up and I've got some time, I'm going to be going over some of the issues that have been creating problems in our game and looking for/implementing some solutions. If you have anything you'd like addressed, please PM me asap, even if you think I'm probably already working on it. The more GMs that let me know their concerns, the better I can prioritize things. Thanks.

One issue I can speak to right now is the balance of power in the league regarding player satisfaction with ice time, depth charts etc.

This issue has been around since the league itself, but we haven't been able to come up with a system that everyone can look at and reference, so that everyone is on the same page. With the new executive committee in place, I will have time over the summer to create such a system. Next season, these rules will be followed much more closely. Players will be more vocal with their concerns, will start giving shorter timelines in which the situation will need to be dealt with, and will start holding out more frequently if concerns are not addressed. So while we do our best with judgment and observation this season, expect a more comprehensive format in place next season. Smart GMs will start taking this into account and make their roster moves accordingly. Smarter GMs already have been.

We'll see how long it takes you to win the Cup. :P

Now that I'm all caught up and I've got some time, I'm going to be going over some of the issues that have been creating problems in our game and looking for/implementing some solutions. If you have anything you'd like addressed, please PM me asap, even if you think I'm probably already working on it. The more GMs that let me know their concerns, the better I can prioritize things. Thanks.

One issue I can speak to right now is the balance of power in the league regarding player satisfaction with ice time, depth charts etc.

This issue has been around since the league itself, but we haven't been able to come up with a system that everyone can look at and reference, so that everyone is on the same page. With the new executive committee in place, I will have time over the summer to create such a system. Next season, these rules will be followed much more closely. Players will be more vocal with their concerns, will start giving shorter timelines in which the situation will need to be dealt with, and will start holding out more frequently if concerns are not addressed. So while we do our best with judgment and observation this season, expect a more comprehensive format in place next season. Smart GMs will start taking this into account and make their roster moves accordingly. Smarter GMs already have been.

Very happy to welcome Jason, Anton, and Mike to Florida, as well as welcome Colin back.. Jason will be a member of our top-4 defensive group moving forward as we have our young top-3 locked in long term we feel he compliments them very well with his production and play.. Colin will step back into his 2nd line LW spot with the club.

The Panthers are still looking to add a few depth playoff pieces and appear to be close on a few moves.. with the current team we have we would be foolish not to look at options to help push us over the top.

ACTIVATION:

Florida activates Jason Garrison from the LTIR.

Current Panthers Lineup:

James Neal - Jonathon Toews - Patrick Kane

Colin Wilson - David Backes - Chris Stewart

Danny Cleary - Alex Burmistrov - Jamie McGinn

Shawn Thornton - Jordan Nolan - Tomas Vincour

Radek Dvorak - Jamal Mayers

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Erik Karlsson

Jason Garrison - Tyler Myers

Paul Martin - Stephane Robidas

Sean O'Donnell

Corey Crawford

Joey MacDonald

Down to the wire

BOS 1st round 2012 pick - available

Rumours have claimed these players have been involved in trade talks:

Andreas Nodl

Zach Phillips

Brandon Sutter

Adam Clendenning

... a short list of NHL ready prospects

Defenseman and forwards needed.

On MSN now playin `Let`s Make a Deal`!

If you don`t see me, add me!

so ..at home :D

i see curt you have updated the roster but...loktionov is still on both rosters now ;)

Updated Blues Roster

Michalek-Weiss-Iginla

Chimera-Legwand-Erat

Cooke-Goc-Neil

Loktionov-Belanger-Park

Olesz*

Spurgeon-Phillips

Klein-Prosser

Bickel-Ness

Butler-Bogosian*

Thomas

Theodore