The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

The New York Islanders are happy to welcome Ray Emery to the organization.

It is our belief that Ray still has the potential to be a quality goalie the the NHL and we expect to give him every opportunity to compete for a job in training camp.

This signing should not be viewed as an alternative to signing Jimmy Howard but rather to make competition for our backup position as strong as possible. Raycroft is a known commodity in the league but might see his playing time slip with the emergence of Jack Campbell and it is unknown if Enroth will start the year in the league.

Ray gives the team a little insurance against injuries and demotions if he can prove himself ready to go in September.

St. Louis Blues Current Salary Cap Situation

Offence

Morrow(4,100)-Weiss(3,100)-Iginla(7,000)

Erat(4,500)-Belanger(3,000)-Havlat(4,000)

Kostitsyn(3,750)-Goc(1,750)-Chimera(1,875)

Paille(1,250)-Steckel(1,100)-Neil(2,000)

Mair(0,650)-Sobotka(1,500)

Defence

Greene(4,000)-Corvo(3,350)

Karlsson(1,300)-Vlasic(3,100)

Campoli(2,900)-Garrison(1,500)

Butler(1,500)

Goal

Thomas(2,600)

Bobrovsky(1,000)

Cap Hit:60,825

Salary Cap:64,300

Cap Space:3,475

Columbus Times

The Blue Jackets announced the signing of free agent Ryan Smith today amidst a flurry of signings around the league. Smith has plenty of experience with young, rebuilding teams and could be just what the Blue Jackets are looking for.

In a statement released to the Times, GM Aixtek had this to say "The Blue Jackets would like to welcome Ryan Smith to Columbus, we believe he is the type of character player that will help bring this young franchise forward. He is a leader both on and off the ice and embodies the character and ideals that we wish to embody as team, as we move forward".

As rumors and internet gossip continue to swirl about head coach Pimpnovski's past, the recent minor league expansion team for Columbus, the Miami Rockets, has confirmed their main training facility is almost completed in Cuba. Pimpnovski's connections to the Cuban government aren't know, but internet conspiracy theorists have a few ideas.

Patrik Berglund signs 6 year, 24 million dollar contract Extentension with the Washington Capitals

patrik-berglund-2011-5-11-15-34-27.jpg

The Washington Capital's are very excited to have 23 year old center Patrik Berglund signed to a new contract that will keep him in the organization through the prime of his career. At first discussions revolving around Berglund ranged in the 2.5 million dollar area for a shorter term. However, once free agency came around the Caps repordedly received multiple contract towards the young Swedish phenom, but much like many of the great Swedes of our past like Mats Sundin, Daniel Alfredsson, Nilklas Lidstrom, Markus Naslund, etc Berglund staid loyal to the team he developed with a refused to sign any offer sheets that were proposed to him. Instead he acted in a very mature manner and negotiated a new contract with the Capitals without ever even stating the dollar figure included in the other deals.

Likely, Berglund received offer sheets worth much more than 4 million dollars per season but Berglund claims the reason he decided to re-sign with the Capitals was because this will be the best place to play out his career. He stated: "This organization has turned me into the player I am today and I feel comfortable playing for this team as long as they will have me here at a fair price. It is pretty cool to know that all I need to worry about at this point his hockey for the next bunch of seasons. I promise the city of Washingington that I will do whatever it takes to be the best player I can possibly be and that I will contribute all I can towards a Stanley Cup."

Last season, Berglund led all Capitals centers with 22 goals, and 30 Assists adding up to 52 points in what some call a breakout season. Berglund claims "I had a pretty decent season last year, but I honestly played a whole lot better during the second part of the season than I did during the first. And with this entire team improving right now and getting older, there is no doubt in my mind that I will post better numbers next season."

General Manager da.moose had this to say upon Berglund's new contract extension: "The more I think about it, the better I feel. Patrik will make a lot more money for the beginning seasons of this contract. However both parties realized that after season three, Berglund has the potential to post point totals worth much more than 4 million dollars per season."

With one player now signed long term by the Washington Capitals, this team seems to be moving closer and closer to Stanley Cup competators. After da.moose's first season as GM of this squad they have gone from non playoff team to Division Champs with one of the youngest looking potential core's in the entire league. The Caps finish fifth place in the entire league during the regular season last year and sound from what I hear, the busiest part of the offseason has yet to come.

I just can't get over that she didn't know what her own King Lear quote tat meant. Brains are sexy, being an attractive talentless egomaniacal moron is not.

She is like a durian fruit. She looks good, stinks, is highly overrated and not worth the trouble.

/ Brian Austin Green. I rest my case.

I'm not suggesting you should want to make her a life partner.....all's i'm saying is she looks pretty damn good in that picture....and that simply on carnal premises should do as Mike did, except unlike him, not tell us about it....the hilarious son of a ***** that he is. ;)

Archived