The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Credit this guy for bringing the game to CDC. :P

OTTS game was brand new, we were all excited. Al created a new league to create new rules and be organized. After that one ended Curt made CDCGML, and Al made his own games at the same time, Sexy Al's. RGMG. 2k12. New ideas were expanding from both games. I don't think there was any personal copying.

Finally!

Where the hell has my credit been all these years? Holy smokes, just another GM on the log eh?

Don't even know who this GM is but, you're a gem in my books.

BTW, is it too late to copyright this thread name? Haven't seen a penny to my name anytime here...

:shock:

Wow, that was certainly interesting...

While I am saddened to hear about the resignations of some of our GM's, I am puzzled about their reasons and intentions. This league has run so smoothly since it has started, but now people are getting impatient during the offseason in the middle of summer? It's July people! Have some faith and patience!

C2X, theminister and lethunder have put a lot of their time and effort into a GAME for us to play in. I would like to thank them for that, and I for one appreciate their hard work. And while I understand people getting antsy about their Free Agents and stuff, a simple PM would have resulted in learning about theminister moving and not having internet at home. All of this name-calling junk is frankly embarrassing.

Best of luck to all departing GM's, and I hope we can hire some solid replacements.

A couple weeks ago I was freaking out as well. I would have never considered quitting but was worried about all my UFA's/RFA's not currently under contract. The Minister has not been replying to my PM's and I was very confused. Now I have put myself in the shoes of the agents. They can take all summer if they like to make sure all GM's are happy and all players go to appropriate teams. Not everything will go every GM's way but that is how the NHL works.

Yes, we have tons of time but the agents should realize that we all take this game very seriously (way too seriously), and need some responses once in a while. If I just got a response that said something like "Player X has read this and feels strongly about re-signing with your club to a contract similar to this and will not sign any offer sheets" or "Player X would need a contract offer of at least X amount of $ before he considers a deal with your club" something like this every week to GM's that have remained active and put lots into this game as well seems fair to me. I know it is tough for the agents and that you have extremely busy schedules, but you knew what you were getting into when you took this job.

No reason to panic because this is clearly the most stable NHL replica on the internet and GM's that quit out of panic will regret this when things start bompin, but if we could just get some sort of feedback to keep this game moving forward every once in a while I think that would be much appreciated.

Cheers, and thank you to all the mature General Managers who are willing to give the agents the time they deserve and stay in the league.

Haha, I'm Co-GM-ing a team with Venom in the RGMG and I'd have to say it is much more exciting right now (because of the draft) and I get to put our stamp on our franchise, something I haven't quite been able to do with my current CDCGML team because I didn't draft it. However, that being said, I honestly looked forward to seeing the posts of many GM's like BM.24, Ace, OTTS, and others (sorry, I can't list everyone) during the regular season. I've also found it to be a joy to talk to Kovalchuk since he's been back in the league, as he's been well behaved (he didn't shut the door behind him on his way out this time, hopefully you'll come back). Regardless of how some of the GM's left, I've rarely had a problem with anyone here.

Guys, what makes the CDCGML league great and lasting has been Curt's ability to find GM's like you guys who are complaining about inactivity. It's because you guys are so active and interested that makes this game last. Now that some of you are gone, that just means less competition (right now) for the offers I've made :P

Hopefully, this league stays at 30 teams.

I've said it before, and apparently I have to say it again.

If anyone has ANY problem with this game, the people in it, the way things are done or anything else, I can't read minds. If you have an issue, bring it up to me. I'd rather fix things before they turn into the temper tantrums a few people decided to pitch last night. I can't correct a problem if I don't know about it.

So I'm home from work and on MSN today. Now's your chance.

The Toronto Maple Leafs organisation would just like to recognise all the hardwork the commisioners and agents have put into this league all year round, this league unlike others just does not stop and thats why we all love it. I feel at this moment in time those working hard to keep this league running aren't getting nearly enough recognition. They have jobs, they have families, they have lives outside the game (it is summer time should be relaxing). If in real life a GM was to complain about an agent boy oh boy I can guarantee you that negotiations wouldn't go well. It's disappointing to see people leave because things haven't gone to plan for them. Look at Saskatchewan and Quebec who have been through hard times with their clubs but stick in at it and actually do what needs to be done instead of leave when they don't think they can. I'm annoyed that these people left and i'm angry at the way people have spoken about the minister, if you treat him with respect give him time to get a chance to look at it and think it over I can guarantee you that the response you get is professional and of a high standard. Also after speaking with him on msn over the years of being in this game I think people should understand the work he puts into the game and how he is as a person before throwing around insults.

Archived