The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Is The Ultimate SuperHero?

Sharpshooter

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's more complicated than that. He's made of matter but can tune into something called the Quantum field. He can in theory absorb unlimted amounts of energy and reform that into matter or vice versa.

If Surfer is allowed to access the power cosmic, you have to include Captain Atom.

The difference however is that SS has limited access and use of Power Cosmic, in my understandingg and previous quote posting.....whereas Atom has unlimited energy absorbtion and usage....putting him into almost 'God' status.

You have agood point about Silver Surfer though....and at first I thought he'd be able to stay in the mix.....but the more and more I look at him and his abilities...the more I think he's just too powerful a being to be part of this thought experiment.

I'm going to create a poll and leave it up to you all about whether SS should be included or not. I'll abide by the majority decision as well.

I think the real question is - should the Ultimate Super Hero have always been a Super Hero?

The Silver Surfer originally came to Earth to find Galactus a world to feed on - in other words, to humanity he was a villain - not a super hero.

Captain atom certainly does not have god like status and is very limited in his abilities. His powers were exaggerated for the Manhattan character. The Manhattan's characters powers were stretched to purposely parody how ridiculous it was to give superheros that kind of power and show how someone with that kind of power would interact with the rest of the world.

Captain Atom is tied to a limitless source or energy not unlike the "cosmic" energy that the Silver Surfer draws his power from. However, the greatest use of energy he has ever had is in the form of nuclear blasts. If the Surfer is allowed to remain with the ability to create blasts taht can destroy a planet, surely Captain Atom's power aren't too much.

Also if Captain Atom absorbs too much energy he gets side effects like being thrown through time.

I don't think Atom is any way god-like. Several heros could probably take him out. I think he stands a pretty good chance agaisnt the Surfer specifically.

Here's one thing. Just because Hero A is capable of taking out hero B. And hero B is capalbe of taking out hero C. It doesn't mean that hero A is capable of taking out hero C. Heros have different strengths and weaknesses.

I think the real question is - should the Ultimate Super Hero have always been a Super Hero?

The Silver Surfer originally came to Earth to find Galactus a world to feed on - in other words, to humanity he was a villain - not a super hero.

Archived