The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dota 2

dawm

I dont understand how once someone leaves the game I keep playing for like 30 mins then leave I get the loss even when it says it's safe to leave.

Safe to leave means that you won't get the "Abandon"

It has nothing to do with losing. If your team still wins, I think you get the win. If your team loses, you still get the loss.

Safe = no abandon/no punishment

Just have to shut down the PL early, and gank the crap out of him as early as possible.

A farmed PL is pretty hard to stop when the illusions can easily kill you.

KOTL and PL together is annoying as frack to lane against.

Just played a game where I was PL laned with him, other team was getting pissed about how could I use so many lances with my mana.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

about to call it a career with my beloved dota

the matchmaking is just truly dreadful.

i thought it would get better as i get higher in level. like, i figured since i am now level 100, i would be playing with people who have put in the same amount of time, have the same ability, etc. but... nope. the entirety of this week has been nothing but south americans, EVERY SINGLE GAME. people who seem to have a culture based around internet disconnections and impatience

no idea how or why Valve thinks this is a good idea, and i get why most of my Dota friends are playing LoL, despite saying it's a worse game overall.

i thought it would get better as i get higher in level. like, i figured since i am now level 100, i would be playing with people who have put in the same amount of time, have the same ability, etc. but... nope. the entirety of this week has been nothing but south americans, EVERY SINGLE GAME. people who seem to have a culture based around internet disconnections and impatience

no idea how or why Valve thinks this is a good idea, and i get why most of my Dota friends are playing LoL, despite saying it's a worse game overall.

l2 team Q

I never play unless I'm with 2+ other people, solo Q is just a crapfest waiting to happen

your lvl means nothing on your skill level. you're probably just not good at the game (no offense) which is why you're stuck playing against bad players. I have absolutley no problem solo queing. Although I usually solo que in the top 10 pages of live games

l2 team Q

I never play unless I'm with 2+ other people, solo Q is just a crapfest waiting to happen

Its actually quite good once you get into the top tier of very high bracket. Its actually more enjoyable then team queing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i honestly think there needs to be a region lock in the game to keep the south americans out of NA servers, but other than that, Valve is doing a remarkable job with the game

wraith king event was a nice touch. new bloom is going well (although the year beast thing is sorta silly). but it all keeps the game interesting

Was playing a crap ton of dota recently up until about a week ago. On a bit of a break.

Some of my friends have gotten a bunch of good stuff for the CNY event. I suppose I picked the wrong time to take a break.

Btw, Glass, what is your ranked MMR?

I agree it's annoying when players who don't speak English join NA servers.

Archived