The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it.

I got to enjoy it for a few minutes until the renewed barrage of the "Barca will stop at nothing to get Koeman back!" rumours. :lol:

1990 was the last time they held a top 4 spot (3rd today) at the turn of the calendar, most Saints fans I know are stunned, not just because of their spot on the table but how they're playing, United didn't even get a shot on net today.

I hope Koeman sticks around for a while, he's done a phenomenal job as manager so far. I was expecting to be back hovering around the relegation bar again. They've only been back in the Premier League for 3 years after 7 out.

This is Koeman scoring the Euro Cup winner in 1992, Barca's first.

article-0-0BE79E4500000578-271_634x450.j

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

Holy frack. Marco Reus is reportedly set to join Real Madrid this Summer. 5 year deal which will make Reus earn the same weekly wage as countryman Toni Kroos doubling his current salary.

As a Madrid supporter, really happy but at the same time feel for Dortmund big time. Another star player leaving for the 3rd consecutive season. If they could've kept Lewandowski, Gotze, and Reus, they'd be one of the most fearsome clubs in the world winning many trophies. Sad their players leave when they're contracts are coming to an end they go for big paydays.

As for Real Madrid, wow...Ronaldo, Bale, James, Hernandez, Isco, and now Reus!? It's just unfair, and then you have Benzema, Kroos, Modric...real happy if the report is true and I believe Reus will do well but not great. Will be hard for him to fit in with those players and get his fair share of the spotlight. Will be a great addition no doubt, but not at all the same level of damage as he had on BVB.