The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

are you being sarcastic? Falcao doesn't even deserve to warm a spot on the bench

Hehe. This REALLY isn't saying much, but Falcao is probably the fastest option up front. I don't get it, but United had three of the most capable forwards in football going into this season. Looking at them today, two of them seem washed up (Rooney and VP) while the other guy looks like a bad loan/transfer.

Hehe. This REALLY isn't saying much, but Falcao is probably the fastest option up front. I don't get it, but United had three of the most capable forwards in football going into this season. Looking at them today, two of them seem washed up (Rooney and VP) while the other guy looks like a bad loan/transfer.

James Wilson has more pace than Falcao and RvP combined IMO. I would love to see a partnership of Wilson and RvP with Rooney as a CAM.

Lol Rooney is basically Daniel Sedin.

Prolific goal-scorer trying to be a playmaker.

------------------------------------------------------------

For jokes, Canucks starting XI

Vrbata (winger being used as ST, a la Sterling)

Daniel (was a ST)- Henrik (CAM, typical #10) - Burrows (can play anywhere in mid)

Bonino (CM) - Richardson (CDM)

Hamhuis (CB being used a LB) - Edler (CB) - Tanev (CB) - Bieksa (RWB)

Miller (GK)

SUBS: Lack (GK), Matthias (CM), Higgins (LM), Sbisa (LB/CB), Vey (RW), Dorsett (RM/RB), Horvat "wonderkid" (CM)

Edited by Not Alain Vigneault

Champions League tomorrow!

Our resident Spurs and United supporters might not remember what that's like ;)

I'm at school but I'll catch some of the game. And BTW, I do remember Champions League soccer. I think we were playing Bayern before we got eliminated.

thierry henry is now a youth coach at arsenal. future manager of arsenal? of course everyone thought roy keane would take over at united some day, but that sure didn't (won't) happen

Didn't Henry just join the world of punditry as well?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him graduated into a coaching role alongside Wenger.

thierry henry is now a youth coach at arsenal. future manager of arsenal? of course everyone thought roy keane would take over at united some day, but that sure didn't (won't) happen

Roy Keane will never manage utd. He has screwed that up himself... Even his legacy at utd isn't that same. Used to sing his praises at Old Trafford, but you hardly ever hear that any more. Shame really...only bitterness... As the song goes

Oh Keano he is magic, he wear a magic hat

and when he saw Old Trafford he said I fancy that

he didn't sign for Arsenal or Blackburn cause they're sh1te

he signed for man utd cause they're f'ing dynamite...

Edited by spook007

Roy Keane will never manage utd. He has screwed that up himself... Even his legacy at utd isn't that same. Used to sing his praises at Old Trafford, but you hardly ever hear that any more. Shame really...only bitterness... As the song goes

Oh Keano he is magic, he wear a magic hat

and when he saw Old Trafford he said I fancy that

he didn't sign for Arsenal or Blackburn cause they're sh1te

he signed for man utd cause they're f'ing dynamite...

When I first started following the sport, Roy Keane was my immediate favourite, and probably still is in my all-time top three. I don't care how bitter he is, or how much he slags off SAF or United or anything, the guy was a genius in the midfield

Chelsea got out alive imo. Good game by both sides.

We played for a 1-1 draw after Cavani scored, and with good reason.

Going to Stamford Bridge with an away goal advantage tied on aggregate is the 2nd best outcome we could have.

Glassjaw (can reply to your post - technical issues?) I don't disagree with you regarding Keane. Nobody who's followed Utd through the years could.

His biggest strength was his incredible will to win. Especially when the fledglings started out, he was immense. Countless were the times utd needed a spark, when Beckham, Scholes, Butt even Giggs weren't playing up to standard and Keane went total crackers... It definitely helped.

Keane the player was the ultimate warrior on the pitch...

P.S. My fav player is probably Bryan Robson, although Scholes is a close second. Loved Cantona as well...

Glassjaw (can reply to your post - technical issues?) I don't disagree with you regarding Keane. Nobody who's followed Utd through the years could.

His biggest strength was his incredible will to win. Especially when the fledglings started out, he was immense. Countless were the times utd needed a spark, when Beckham, Scholes, Butt even Giggs weren't playing up to standard and Keane went total crackers... It definitely helped.

Keane the player was the ultimate warrior on the pitch...

P.S. My fav player is probably Bryan Robson, although Scholes is a close second. Loved Cantona as well...

Neville, Cantona, Scholes, Rooney, Giggs easily for me. Keane and Beckham also.

• Upvote 1

who do you guys reckon would be the modern-day equivalent to a Keane or Vieira in midfield? it seems like the most highly regarded midfielders are known primarily for their offensive ability rather than being a dominant defensive/holding midfielder?

Makelele was fantastic at that role too. Talk about being an unsung hero.

• Upvote 1

who do you guys reckon would be the modern-day equivalent to a Keane or Vieira in midfield? it seems like the most highly regarded midfielders are known primarily for their offensive ability rather than being a dominant defensive/holding midfielder?

Makelele was fantastic at that role too. Talk about being an unsung hero.

Matic has been class this year but not to the degree of a Viera or Keane.