The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

33 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I have a soft spot in my heart for Atleti, but I do think we will pay his release clause next summer. Mou was always linked with him when at Chelsea and was apparently intrested when he moved from Sociedad.

I'm sure you will, but hope he doesnt want to leave haha

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2016 at 0:13 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

and surely deep down he knows he'll never finish ahead of Barca and RM. Would be the perfect replacement for Rooney.

Considering Atleti have won a title more recently than United I wouldn't be throwing stones...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanucksMadrid said:

That's what makes him special. He could play in a easiest spot in the PL, earning more money and still he decides to stay. Just like Godín, Koke... 

Koke has said he wants to be Atleti's Iniesta hasn't he? 

28 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Koke has said he wants to be Atleti's Iniesta hasn't he? 

not sure he used those words, but yes, he's from Madrid, he's been at Atletico for so long and he has said he wanna remain here until the end

1460892285_630153_1460902959_sumario_normal.jpg

Edited by CanucksMadrid

13 hours ago, CanucksMadrid said:

I hope we can keep Grizi next summer, PL teams signing players like they are playing FIFA sucks haha

United came for him this summer and also last one. And of course, they will come next one, but I think he can stay. He knows Simeone is the best coach around and makes him a lot better, loves Madrid, loves his teammates, his teammates love him, fans love him and I hope he's excited about going to the new stadium so he stays and plays there. 

not a chance, dude. he seems to be tapping up the media left and right to talk about Manchester. this is the same stuff United fans have seen their players do about Real Madrid in recent years. the players NEVER stay. 

he may love Atletico and Simone, but if he doesn't wanna move to United he should stop talking about them to the press. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

not a chance, dude. he seems to be tapping up the media left and right to talk about Manchester. this is the same stuff United fans have seen their players do about Real Madrid in recent years. the players NEVER stay. 

we'll see, he got a huge contract in june

:wub:

...Sanchez, Kante, Varane say they were all contacted by José to join United. Obviously Mourinho ended up getting other players but these reports are promising. Glad we got Bailly over Varane. Seeing how he's played, he's a perfect fit, not to mention Varane would've cost an easy £20M+ more. A bit disappointed we didn't get Kante. At the price he went for, any and every team would kill to have acquired him. Quality player. However with this Pereira news I don't mind. Always been high on him as I think he will become a special player.

On 06/09/2016 at 7:38 PM, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Just realized that both the Derby and the Old Firm are on at the same time on Saturday. Kind of annoying since I can only watch one. But I'll be cheering on Celtic in my head lol.

The derby is too early for my liking. I might end up recording it so I happily be sleeping beautifully. If I wake up to watch it it'll be around 6