The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

2 hours ago, Tanev said:

Another dominant performance for us. Poor from Nolito but it will hopefully give Sane some more minutes which will only help us.

that's why I said he should've made it count, that player smith, pushed him first then pushed Sterling in the face. Imo smith should've been sent off too, he was already on a yellow.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, Kazmanian Devil said:

Obviously they aren't but losing to them at home is disgraceful

Generally, I would agree, but from what I saw Spurs were clearly the better side. They just didn't finish.

I don't know if it was a result of "disrespecting" Monaco. I'd say it was just one of those games. It's a tough loss, but if they can maintain that form, I think Spurs will be fine.

Dear Wayne Rooney, 

Please get the &^@# out of this club, if you had any sort of professionalism you would hand that armband over to someone else and head for the sunset in China. As captain you have overseen the worst period in this clubs history, you will NEVER be a Manchester United legend in my eyes. &^@# off.

Edited by CaptainCanuck001
  • Upvote 1

Rooney needs to head to the MLS like all the other english oldies. Mourinho has some work to do on defense as well since the majority of the midfield is too attack minded.. Need a Fernandinho type to let Pogba do his thing and Herrera/Carrick/Fellaini don't really fit the mold

10 hours ago, Tanev said:

Rooney needs to head to the MLS like all the other english oldies. Mourinho has some work to do on defense as well since the majority of the midfield is too attack minded.. Need a Fernandinho type to let Pogba do his thing and Herrera/Carrick/Fellaini don't really fit the mold

No. Dinho is way too special for them to even try and find someone like him. I mean yes a midfielder with some type of defensive awareness is a basic conponent of most teams.

I just think they have to live all of the fall out.

14 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Cmon guys. It's only been 5 matches into the PL season and we're judging a superstar in Rooney already. Give a break. He played terrible in last few matches. So what... move on. He will silence the critics with his performances. Just sit down and watch him dazzle us. Go United!

Umm I think there is a highlight reel of all the Rooney fails for just today's match.  Shrek is garbage.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

@Beary Sweet Rooney has been living on past glories for a while now. His last descent season was the 10/11 one. I'm tired of people defending Rooney, he is $&!# and is holding the team back.

When you think about it I bet Ed Woodward is forcing Jose to keep Rooney on.  Gotta sell them shirts...

12 hours ago, Tanev said:

Sure the Whitecaps need a big name to score goals and sell tickets. Rooney would be a massive add if they could pull it off and convince him to leave Old Trafford which is a pipe dream in itself.