The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Rooney is reborn. Scored a stunning strike from 25 yards out. However it ends up being a consolation goal as two brilliant goals by Fenerbahce give them the edge. United fall to 3rd place in their table. However there's still a couple matches remaining in group play. Once they win the last couple matches they have a good shot of advancing to the Round of 16 

Don't want to jinx it, and I probably have doe just that, but I think an undefeated league season is a realistic possibility for Celtic this season. There's nobody else that's even close.

Sad in a way, but the smaller teams play a dated style of football and make no effort to change that.

• Upvote 1

United with a big victory today after a disappointing performance last week vs Burnley. Pogba scored a stunner from long range to kick things off. Then Ibra did what he usually does. Rooney is also reasserting himself into the lineup again. Great to see him in action. Big 3 points that will get United back into the title chase or at least Champions League football for next year. Go United! Gunners are next. Time to show who we are United!

4 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

United with a big victory today after a disappointing performance last week vs Burnley. Pogba scored a stunner from long range to kick things off. Then Ibra did what he usually does. Rooney is also reasserting himself into the lineup again. Great to see him in action. Big 3 points that will get United back into the title chase or at least Champions League football for next year. Go United! Gunners are next. Time to show who we are United!

Suspended for games against good teams so that when he fails to perform, he can't be blamed?

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:31 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Don't want to jinx it, and I probably have doe just that, but I think an undefeated league season is a realistic possibility for Celtic this season. There's nobody else that's even close.

Sad in a way, but the smaller teams play a dated style of football and make no effort to change that.

Correct, its a sad state of affairs in Scottish football just now, and Celtic are head and shoulders above the rest. Dons could possibly have done some damage last year, if the didn't have to send their loan keeper back to Liverpool at Christmas.

Since Celtic got rid of that Norwegian nugget, they have been miles ahead of the rest...

3 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Suspended for games against good teams so that when he fails to perform, he can't be blamed?

Nah scoring goals but I guess you add that to the list. This is the first game he wont be able to take part in this season because of suspension. But like what RR said, we have Rashford to take his place or even Rooney as well. 

10 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Mfw LFC top of the table :blink:

...this years title race is going to be a war till the end. Arsenal / City / Chelsea / Liverpool / Tottenham / United can all legitimately win it

lol

Robin van Persie suffered a horror injury for Fenerbahce while playing against  Akhisar Belediyespor.

This injury is very severe and reports coming from Turkey state that Van Persie might not be able to see again from one of his eyes. 

This is a heart breaking news for all football fans as this injury might have serious consequences for the Dutchman.

RVP will be fine according to the BBC:

Fenerbahce have played down fears that Robin van Persie has suffered a serious eye injury, after he was carried off the pitch bleeding on Sunday.

Netherlands striker Van Persie, 33, had scored the opening goal in the Turkish side's 3-1 win against Akhisar before the first-half injury.

Television pictures showed blood coming through a bandage on his left eye.

"He received a blow to the eye and suffered a torn eyelid and bleeding," club doctor Burak Kunduraciogl said.

"After the investigations we learned that nothing important happened. His condition is good."

The former Arsenal and Manchester United forward joined Fenerbahce from the Old Trafford club in July 2015.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37892411

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Upvote 3

On 11/5/2016 at 4:31 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Go Rangers.  There's no a team...