Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 12:46 PM, Toews said:

If they cancel the Premier League season, no title for Liverpool. You hate to see it. B)

Well atleast we have bundesliga ....they played over the weekend, was weird seeing no fans lol ....and 

La Liga will  be starting soon too

Edited by x00x
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, x00x said:

Well atleast we have bundesliga ....they played over the weekend, was weird seeing no fans lol ....and 

La Liga will  be starting soon too

Yep. Got to watch Phonsie a couple of weeks ago against a team from Berlin.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, x00x said:

Well atleast we have bundesliga ....they played over the weekend, was weird seeing no fans lol ....and 

La Liga will  be starting soon too

Good game tomorrow (Tuesday) 9:30 am on Sportsnet - Dortmund and Bayern, battle for first place.  Bayern has a four point lead on Dortmund with seven games left in the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Good game tomorrow (Tuesday) 9:30 am on Sportsnet - Dortmund and Bayern, battle for first place.  Bayern has a four point lead on Dortmund with seven games left in the season.

I'll be working, but hopefully they'll have a replay sin the evening sometime....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Good game tomorrow (Tuesday) 9:30 am on Sportsnet - Dortmund and Bayern, battle for first place.  Bayern has a four point lead on Dortmund with seven games left in the season.

Ya gonna watch it forsure :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another nice article about Alphonso Davies from Sports Illustrated:

 

"Presumably there will come a time when Alphonso Davies’s pace ceases to feel spectacular, but we’re not there yet. It’s impossible to see him, even in the company of other quick, elite-level sportsmen, and not be struck by just how fast he is."

 

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/05/29/alphonso-davies-bayern-munich-left-back-speed-rise-analysis?suid=5cc1babffc942d7988391785&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI Extra 052920&utm_term=SI Extra - USE THIS - List

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, UnkNuk said:

Another nice article about Alphonso Davies from Sports Illustrated:

 

"Presumably there will come a time when Alphonso Davies’s pace ceases to feel spectacular, but we’re not there yet. It’s impossible to see him, even in the company of other quick, elite-level sportsmen, and not be struck by just how fast he is."

 

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/05/29/alphonso-davies-bayern-munich-left-back-speed-rise-analysis?suid=5cc1babffc942d7988391785&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI Extra 052920&utm_term=SI Extra - USE THIS - List

Wish the Champions League comes back in a couple months.

 

Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain would be amazing.

 

What a sight it would be to see Phonsie having the experience trying to defend the threat of a world class player with the blistering pace of a Kylian Mbappe bombing down the flanks at him all game long!

 

Would love to see how he would handle trying to mark arguably one of if not the absolute fastest player in the world.

 

What a story it could be if Davies held his own against the best young player in the world on a massive stage. His Transfermarkt valuation would sky rocket and would surely draw major interest from some of the EPL heavyweights.

 

One can dream...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, UnkNuk said:

Gotta say, all sports suffer from no fans in attendance.  But especially soccer.  Really miss the chanting and the flag waving.

I think the NFL will do ok because the camera is so zoomed in anyways really are you paying attention to the people in the crowd much? Not really.

 

Plus they already have plans to pump in crowd noise something NFL teams have been accused of doing illegally in the past anyways.

 

I think the NFL will look the best on TV imo. It's going to look weird for everyone.

 

F1 racing should also be fine and NBA already has music playing during the play anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BM24 said:

Is Wolverhampton expected to stay within the EPL for a good while? Looking to get into the EPL and have been leaning towards the Wolves.

Yeah they're too good to get relegated. And just Wolves, not the Wolves. Don't ask why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kurisu said:

Yeah they're too good to get relegated. And just Wolves, not the Wolves. Don't ask why.

The Wolves are now my fave team. Thank you. 
 

Go the Wolves!

  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

United closing the season out with a bang! 16 games unbeaten, 15 mins away from being the only side in PL history to win 4 straight games with a margin of 3 or more goals. 

 

Ole’s system is in place now. This will be the new norm moving forward. Nearly a decade later and United are back to being where they belong. Summer transfers (very likely Sancho, probably Grealish + a CB) will strengthen the squad. Ole the only manager man enough to get rid of the dead wood...he took the hit for that early on having a depleted squad but long terms it’s paid off huge. & speaking of wood, Greenwood. My goodness. Highest ceiling of any youngster in world football, unbelievable talent !!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...