The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

On 10/10/2022 at 12:30 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Anyone know whether Phonsie's injury could have World Cup implications? :unsure:

He played in yesterday's home game against Mainz the whole 90 Minutes. He will be ready to go for the World cup. according to reports he suffered a light concussion during the game against Dortmund on October 8, 2022.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lukaku has a hamstring injury and will be re-evaluated in a few days.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article/romelu-lukaku-injured-again-in-major-world-cup-concern-for-belgium/

You never wish for an opponent injury, but I'd be totally okay if he was unable to start the first match of the World Cup....

That and KDB.  He's been on fire for Man City. 

That's really bad news, because I just got a ticket for the game on Tuesday and hoped to watch Phonzi play. The building is less than a mile away from my home. Hope he will recover soon. I expect him to be sidelined less than 2 weeks, because team's medical staff is one of the best in Germany. Fiber tear is quite common for soccer players. Medical staff have lots of experience with this kind of injury. No worries folks in Canada, Phonzi will be ready to go for the World Cup. ::D

Bild

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Thanks 1

Today's draw of the European Champions-League schedule with some tasty match-ups, especiallly Liverpool vs. Real Madrid  / Dortmund vs. Chelsea / Leipzig vs. Manchester City

This round can be labeled the battle between England and Germany because 2 teams from England facing 2 teams from Germany  (Dortmund vs. Chelsea + Leipzig  - Manchester City).

FC Bayern München, Alphonso Davies' team  against Paris St. Germain is another cracker in this round. Lots of great match-ups and I am really looking forward watching some of these games.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/6/2022 at 2:33 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Another win.  Next week vs Wolves so there is a good chance that the Gunners can finish top of the table at the World Cup break.  No Arsenal fan had this.  Fourth maybe.

Yeah, I would have never guessed or predicted finishing on 1st or 2nd before the WC break.

Provided they strengthen in January with another wide player/winger and a midfielder, I think they have real chance of competing for the title.  Really, it's about staying healthy, however.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

2nd most goals scored (City 1st) and tied with Newcastle for fewest goals allowed.  That kind of combination wins you a lot of games.  

And they mentioned on the telecast that Arsenal has the youngest squad in the English Premier League.  

Bodes well for the future.     

image.png.ac2e628138a47d2071cb785204af9a98.png

• Cheers 1