The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I was there and there was an awful lot of English accents in the mob. Lots of Chelsea, West Ham and Leeds

:lol:

BS and you know it.

You'll criticise Celtic whenever there's a hint of any wrong doing. Which I'm not denying. It's an issue that needs to be dealt with, within the Green Brigade + Away Support (Pretty much the same thing). That is the only section where there's a problem. Trust me, you won't hear anything about the IRA from the rest of the stadium.

Where were you when thirty thousand Rangers fans were singing this disgusting tune at the League Cup Final? I didn't hear a peep out of you back then.

Anyway, whatever. I'm not having this argument.

EDIT: I'm curious as to whether you actually know the names of any of these unacceptable songs?

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™

frack rangers and liverpool

Nothing against Liverpool. The other lot are the scum of the earth though.

This whole thing has been completely blown out of proportion in the media. It's the whole old firm tag having a negative effect on Celtic again - Rangers have (finally) been punished so they feel they have to balance the books by punishing Celtic.

No, I don't. But I have heard them, I have seen the IRA paraphernalia in and around Celtic Park and it makes me sick. More than half of the idiots that support it don't even know what the **** they are supporting..

For the last time, I despise Rangers as much as I do Celtic but in my experience it is always way worse from Celtic fans. I can look at it from the outside whereas you only see it from a Celtic side, which I have no problem with at all.

I'm not having a go. I just think a lot of people hear these songs and immediately think of the Provos when in fact only 2 or 3 chants are about them and they're rarely heard (with the exception of Celtic Symphony - the add-on has to go). I just think that the media portrays us all as bad, and because of the media people are unable to distinguish between songs about the PIRA and the Old IRA. A good example would be Pat Nevin back when the Scottish Cup Final was being played accusing Celtic fans of singing about a terrorist organisation in relation to "Boys Of The Old Brigade", which happens to be about the IRA of 1916. An organisation regarded as heroes, and who the Queen (yes, even the Queen) recently paid her respects to.

We have a problem, but it's grossly exaggerated because of the negative light the useless idiots we call the Scottish Media shine on everything. You ban these songs and you leave yourself with a hell of a problem when it comes to National anthems and songs like them.

Anyway, back to the football. I'm sitting in essay writing all weekend so I'll have the ESPN games on :D

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™

what a brutal penalty decision against united today, every angle you can see rio contacts the ball and clears it out, ref initially made the right decision. what a frack up. bring in video replay of some sort

And yet no United fans have clamoured for video replays for the last 18 years...one bad decision against them doesn't make up for 18 years of biased refereeing against their opponents. Any United fan who honestly feels hard done by is a glory hunter - and we're told there aren't any these days.

Gary Speed died this morning. Suicide :(

RIP.

Such a tragedy. He had everything a man could want - yet somehow, he was unhappy enough to end it. I hope he's found the peace he couldn't find in life, poor bloke. A great player, a great manager, and an even better person. God bless you Gary.

United fan or not, it was the wrong decision. I know sometimes 50/50 calls have gone uniteds way before but this was no way a foul. I dont think im a glory hunter for wanted video replay brought in so all teams have fair justice. So frack right off

Oi! None of that. We're all very civil in this thread :lol:

Man Utd have seen a lot of decisions go their way in recent years. But you're right. Football needs video replay and I can't understand why Blatter refuses to consider it. The man is an idiot.

Kinda of annoying when you get called a glory hunter when Ive followed united since I was 5, when I watched them with my Dad, not like some people who start following a team after they win something. Anyways Im glad you agree with me Scottish Canuck on the topic of video replay, especially when some of these games make or break seasons, or world cup hopes (henry handball on ireland) Blatter is a complete idiot, as he seems to prove time and time again, most recently with his racism speech, he needs to go asap

So how do you guys see the Euro 2012 draw panning out, this is what I think/hope the groups will look like after Friday.

Group A

Poland

Italy

Sweden

Denmark

Group B

Netherlands

England

Croatia

Republic of Ireland

Group C

Spain

Germany

Portugal

France

Group D

Ukraine

Russia

Greece

Czech Republic

Edited by I R Baboon

So how do you guys see the Euro 2012 draw panning out, this is what I think/hope the groups will look like after Friday.

Group A

Poland

Italy

Sweden

Denmark

Group B

Netherlands

England

Croatia

Republic of Ireland

Group C

Spain

Germany

Portugal

France

Group D

Ukraine

Russia

Greece

Czech Republic

Those groups look great. Assuming it's possible they can be drawn like that (I can't be bothered looking up who's in what pot)

Those groups look great. Assuming it's possible they can be drawn like that (I can't be bothered looking up who's in what pot)

Lol yeah they can be drawn like that, when ever Euro or like the World Cup draw is about happen, I always get so excited and do like a mock draw. Heck even when the Champions League starts I get excited. :D

Lol yeah they can be drawn like that, when ever Euro or like the World Cup draw is about happen, I always get so excited and do like a mock draw. Heck even when the Champions League starts I get excited. :D

Me too :D Unfortunately my team hasn't been in the Champions League for a few years now. And the Europa League just doesn't compare.