The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Parent

nd84

24 years old draft 18th overall by the Preds. Were talking about the guy who played in the finals with the Flyers and I believe was part of the deal that sent Hamhuis' negotiating rights to Philly (correct me if I'm wrong). You think he'll be able to earn a spot with the Canucks? Though i would like Tanev to play then bottom pair with Ballard, do you think he can take the spot from him?

Hamhuis Bieksa

Salo Edler

Ballard Tanev/Rome/Alberts/Parent?

If we keep him with the Wolves we can't call him up without him going through waivers which i think will send him to another team easily because he is still young.

Just something I thought about. What do you guys think?

*UPDATE* : Season has ended for us. Do you think we let Rome walk and Parent becomes a 7th or 8th defensemen for us next year? I believe he along with Connauton and Sauve will compete unless Gillis adds significant players to our D

* Parent is an RFA

IF, big if, Parent comes in and surprises at training camp, he will probably be used as trade bait for teams that need a defender. he plays on the left side and we're overload on the left side. So unless we end up trading Ballard because Parent has that great of a training camp, I see us losing him by the end of the year or added in to a trade.

IF, big if, Parent comes in and surprises at training camp, he will probably be used as trade bait for teams that need a defender. he plays on the left side and we're overload on the left side. So unless we end up trading Ballard because Parent has that great of a training camp, I see us losing him by the end of the year or added in to a trade.

If he's on a one way contract wouldn't it make more sense for him to be with the big club then? As opposed to Tanev who we can call up and send down without the risk of losing him.

Archived