The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LOCK/DISREGARD

John Garret's moustache

Guest The Brown Burrows

I'd be suprised if he cracked 40 pts, he still needs to work on his finish. If his finishing improves this year, he can easily pot in 50 (he misses a lot of given goals).

Well if he has got a skills coach that can help him find his hands then easily 50+ more like 60 the way our 3rd line is looking like i.e. with another skilled tough winger that can't crack the top 6, centered by Malholtra + hansen, yep i could see it, IF and only if he can get his hands to match his speed and quickness. If not then no around 30-35 if he has a good yr. Honestly tho, he doesn't have to. It would be nice to see but that's not his job, all he has to do is help keep the puck out of our net and put some in their net here n there, what more can you ask of a 3rd line player?

Hansen is a very frustrating player. Lots of speed. lots of passion. Terrible finish. A scoring touch is hard to find at his age, although Burrows and Kesler have shown it's possible. If Hansen manages to muster 50 points, I'd guess there would be about 40 assists within that total.

I can see him this season realistically between 37-42. Mainly 3rd line, but I think AV will use him as a stick.

If Sturm/Samuelson/Hodgson slack at all or take a shift off, AV can throw Hansen in on the 2nd line for a few shifts to A) spark some energy and B ) act as a tool to make sure the top 6 are playing to their ability.

Archived