The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

- Injuries & Ice Chips Thread - 2011 / 2012 Playoffs R1

The Hornet

Ballard and Daniel will be back for the playoffs, preferably sooner than later. As for Volpatti, it will be in the last couple rounds if he does and I think it would take an injury to get him in. As far as Pinizzotto, even if he gets back to playing, I'd be shocked if he suited up for the Canucks. He hasn't played all season. Too many others ahead of him for that role, Volpatti included.

An update from Dan Murphy in his recent column:

I'm hearing Bieksa has been dealing with something that has been bugging him for a few weeks now so, instead of playing through it, the Canucks want to give him some time to let the injury heal.

No word on the severity of the injury but it’s believed if the playoffs started tomorrow, Bieksa would be in the line-up. Since the playoffs don't start tomorrow, Bieksa is likely to be given a few more days off for maintenance and in turn miss the next couple of Canucks games.

As for Daniel Sedin, he was spotted at the rink on Wednesday. I'm told Daniel is feeling better than he did the days right after Duncan Keith's elbow knocked him out of the line-up with a concussion. Daniel is still suffering from headaches, however, and cannot exercise at all until he is symptom free.

From the Canucks Report today:

JUICE REMAINS SHELVED

Based on morning skate, it looks as though Kevin Bieksa will miss his second consecutive game Friday.

The Canucks defenceman did not take part in Vancouver’s morning practice; he was one of three absentees, including Daniel Sedin and Aaron Rome.

Canucks associate coach Rick Bowness provided little insight as to what Bieksa is overcoming at the moment, only saying he’s “day-to-day.”

“We all know Kevin is one of the most fierce competitors in the league, he battles hard every shift, so to give him a few maintenance days is the proper thing to do,” said Bowness.

Quizzed as to exactly what area of the body Bieksa needs time off to heal, upper or lower body, Bowness answered as only he can.

“How about we go with the whole body and mind, we’ll give him a mental break too.”

VOLPATTI SKATES

Canucks forward Aaron Volpatti, who was sidelined indefinitely after undergoing shoulder surgery on December 4th, is perhaps closer to a return than anyone expected.

Volpatti was put through the paces, alongside Andrew Ebbett, prior to Vancouver’s morning skate Friday, and although he hasn’t been cleared to play, it remains a possibility.

”He’s improved and his conditioning has improved and we want to make sure that if he’s ever given the green light to play, that we have him ready to go,” said Bowness.

STILL NO UPDATE

No update on Daniel Sedin, he’s “the same as Kevin, day-to-day,” according to Bowness. “We’ll see what happens today, we’ll see what happens tomorrow.”

Hey guys,

I've been out of town for a few days, wont be back home until tomorrow morning. I'm having problems updating my posts on my phone (Didn't bring my laptop :/ ) so I will update the main post with all the news and stuff in the morning. Sorry everyone!

Thanks again to Elvis and all other users who have posted updates.

Archived