The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

So Guy Charron steps down as coach and Dave Hunchak takes over. Now the Blazers are actively pursuing a fresh face for the assistant coach position. Wonder who that'll be?

Also, Colin "Toledo" Robinson gets a multi-year extension. Best trainer in the biz.

Should be interesting. I think im gonna do up a perspective roster for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyler Hansen likely won't be back, he's going on a two year mission, something to do with his Mormon faith. All the best to him.

With Hansen gone, what do you guys think the chances are that one of Edmundson/Grist are back?

I am pretty sure Edmonsum won't be back. Itll be the same situation as Madaisky (minus the ECHL part)

Next Year is gonna be tough, we will have to trade a goalie, Chevy will get a great return. Hopefully some 17-18 yr olds that can be with us for a couple years. I still plan on doing a Roster projection for next year, just been putting it off.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.blazerhoc...season-schedule

Pre-Season chedule already released!

Last game of the pre season up here in PG.

Regular season as well!

http://www.blazerhockey.com/article/blazers-regular-season-schedule-released

One really interesting thing I found is that between January 11 - February 15, fourteen of sixteen games are home games. I think that'll be HUGE for the final stretch of the season, based on how we've been at home lately.

Really excited for the season opener, welcoming Kelowna back into the ISC. Last years home opener where Bozon scored the OT winner was wild. I'm obviously stoked for November 16, when the 'Hawks come back to the ISC.

Can't wait to make some road trips this season too, I plan on seeing a game in every BC Division arena, maybe a couple in Alberta and the States as well.

Regular season as well!

http://www.blazerhoc...hedule-released

One really interesting thing I found is that between January 11 - February 15, fourteen of sixteen games are home games. I think that'll be HUGE for the final stretch of the season, based on how we've been at home lately.

Really excited for the season opener, welcoming Kelowna back into the ISC. Last years home opener where Bozon scored the OT winner was wild. I'm obviously stoked for November 16, when the 'Hawks come back to the ISC.

Can't wait to make some road trips this season too, I plan on seeing a game in every BC Division arena, maybe a couple in Alberta and the States as well.

Impressive. PG could really use the fans

Hey Guys,

So I have put together a Prelim Roster for next year. Stress the word PRELIM. I only Factored in the players leaving us (that we know for sure) basically, if the have a chance of making a different team (ahl, nhl) I still left them in our roster.

Bozon Smith (oa) Lipon (oa)

Ully Needham ______

Friesen Kornelson(oa) Souto

Chyzowski Sterzer Oakes

Edmunson(oa) Cross

Connolly Rehill

Thompson Clouston

Cheveldave

Kozun

Hey Guys,

So I have put together a Prelim Roster for next year. Stress the word PRELIM. I only Factored in the players leaving us (that we know for sure) basically, if the have a chance of making a different team (ahl, nhl) I still left them in our roster.

Bozon Smith (oa) Lipon (oa)

Ully Needham ______

Friesen Kornelson(oa) Souto

Chyzowski Sterzer Oakes

Edmunson(oa) Cross

Connolly Rehill

Thompson Clouston

Cheveldave

Kozun

I would say Edmundson is basically a goner. I also believe Cheveldave will be dealt for an OA defenceman to steady the back end. Maybe fill out the roster with a couple of 17-18 year olds. I am confident Kornelson will not be here next year.

Tough to put together a prospective roster, especially in junior. So much turnover every year, it's quite difficult.

Regardless, here's to a great year! :towel:

I would say Edmundson is basically a goner. I also believe Cheveldave will be dealt for an OA defenceman to steady the back end. Maybe fill out the roster with a couple of 17-18 year olds. I am confident Kornelson will not be here next year.

Tough to put together a prospective roster, especially in junior. So much turnover every year, it's quite difficult.

Regardless, here's to a great year! :towel:

With Hrbas leaving, we have a new import defencemna coming in!

http://www.blazerhoc...hl-import-draft

6'2". Hopefully he puts on a little weight, and plays with the same grit as Hansen/Grist

Blazers traded Chevalyde to Prince Albert for Jake Kryski. Great trade for the Blazers. A 20 year old goalie for a guy just drafted in the 1st Round with SuperStar potential!

I wouldn't go as far as to say "super-star", but the kid can play hockey.

118 pts. in 59 games in Bantam, great deal for an OA goaltender. Especially since Kozun is more than capable of handling the job this season.

I'm STOKED to see Jake Kryski and Quinn Benjafield in the future. Benjafield was the Blazers' own selection in the 2013 draft, he put up 121 pts in 65 games. Great numbers.

They're both the same age too, so they'll break in together and hopefully dominate this league. Great day in Blazernation!!!

I wouldn't go as far as to say "super-star", but the kid can play hockey.

118 pts. in 59 games in Bantam, great deal for an OA goaltender. Especially since Kozun is more than capable of handling the job this season.

I'm STOKED to see Jake Kryski and Quinn Benjafield in the future. Benjafield was the Blazers' own selection in the 2013 draft, he put up 121 pts in 65 games. Great numbers.

They're both the same age too, so they'll break in together and hopefully dominate this league. Great day in Blazernation!!!

When comparing Kryski and Benjafield to the stats of Smith and Ranford it is pretty similar. These guys are gonna be good players.

We need to be building towards 2 years from now. These guys will be 17 and 18, perfect for a mem cup run.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=26388

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24082

were you at that Portland game when some of out white trash fans were throwing beer and stuff on the ice after Ranford got smoked? that was pretty trailer-park.

I was sitting beside the Portland bench and had a few choice words - nothing TOO over the top, but I got into it a bit for sure. Some people were a bit ridiculous, but that happens. People are passionate. I wouldn't go as far as to say our fans are "white trash", because most of them are 55+ for christ sake! This one piss-tank in a Passmore jersey came down and almost jumped into the Portland bench cussing as loud as he could hahahah there's a guy who was into it.

softest roster in the WHL. I am worried. No Joel, Sam or Kessy to balance that out anymore. I haven't picked up my seasons tickets yet because of it.

Bonner will likely swing another deal or two to add some grit if Grist doesn't come back. If he does, hopefully our new import D-man is the gritty type.

I was sitting beside the Portland bench and had a few choice words - nothing TOO over the top, but I got into it a bit for sure. Some people were a bit ridiculous, but that happens. People are passionate. I wouldn't go as far as to say our fans are "white trash", because most of them are 55+ for christ sake! This one piss-tank in a Passmore jersey came down and almost jumped into the Portland bench cussing as loud as he could hahahah there's a guy who was into it.

Bonner will likely swing another deal or two to add some grit if Grist doesn't come back. If he does, hopefully our new import D-man is the gritty type.

Ya, that anus and his dad! Anyways, I still haven't picked up my tickets on account of possibly paying to watch a bunch of softies. Come on, Bonner.

Archived