The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Armour singing Anthem

Get real canuck fans

Again, the boy is just that.

But it is a hockey game and singing the anthem is an honour and a privilege in my view. I don't like the fact that some use it as their Canadian Idol audition and exploit it as something more. Sure, showcase our local talent with pride, but if the opportunity to sing the anthem is viewed as a platform to spring someone further in their career, then allow us to judge you in that.

If it wasn't a kid, I could really say how I feel, but any kid who has a talent and is passionate about that deserves our support. Kids can do no wrong in that. However, there's a reason the forum is for the fans and "no advertising" applies...because it then turns into something else if that isn't considered.

Nothing wrong with family being proud and saying "wow, did you see my boy last night?". But if it's a matter of anonymously garnering support to propel a career, then that goes beyond proud parent to something more of a hidden agenda to me.

I listened on the radio and then changed my thoughts on the performance when learning it was a child. So that about sums it up for me.

Just my two cents 0.

Archived