The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

Just now, ReggieBush said:

I did it last year. If you are a fan of football (not even college, just the game in General) it is a must see before you die.

I remember you doing that. College ball is nuts. I love watching football. The Championship game would be good too but I prefer outdoor games. Plus, I used to watch Rose Bowl games with my dad as a kid. Going in person would be as awesome as my first NFL game all over again.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

I remember you doing that. College ball is nuts. I love watching football. The Championship game would be good too but I prefer outdoor games. Plus, I used to watch Rose Bowl games with my dad as a kid. Going in person would be as awesome as my first NFL game all over again.

Its special for sure, but its not a cheap ticket. If the funds are available to you, do it. College Football is awesome, and places in the south/midwest absolutely live for it. I have the opportunity with my program to do a semester at an american school and work for their Athletic Department and I super pumped for that. Of the schools offered, I made sure my list was full of big ones, where football is king (Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Florida, Tennessee, WVU). Who knows, I might be able to swing a job, or at least build some bridges for when I finish my schooling. 

On your previous post, I found it funny you talked about bucket lists. I have one completely for college football:lol: 

23 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Its special for sure, but its not a cheap ticket. If the funds are available to you, do it. College Football is awesome, and places in the south/midwest absolutely live for it. I have the opportunity with my program to do a semester at an american school and work for their Athletic Department and I super pumped for that. Of the schools offered, I made sure my list was full of big ones, where football is king (Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Florida, Tennessee, WVU). Who knows, I might be able to swing a job, or at least build some bridges for when I finish my schooling. 

On your previous post, I found it funny you talked about bucket lists. I have one completely for college football:lol: 

A semester down there would be a sweet deal! I'd be so busy eating bbq I'd never get anything done.

I definitely have an all encompassing sports bucket list, but I've been better at crossing NFL stuff off rather than college. Only been to 1 college game, and it was a rather lame tilt between Oregon and Washington. Southwest would have been better but I was already in Seattle for a Hawks game anyways so I figured "what the heck". Getting back into the city at the end of that game was a nightmare though. 

13 hours ago, Green Building said:

This is a great game, but I'd be pretty happy if they left it at 4. They already have 200 bowl games.

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

4 is perfect.  Any more and you run the risk of lowering the importance of regular season games.

Nothing's broken here  Every single game today has been outstanding so far and I expect the rubber match tonight to be no exception.

I know it will never happen but if they overhauled it to reduce the regular season by a couple of games, scrap the bowl games(they can rename every bracket game in the tourney as a bowl game) and had a March Madness style bracket it would be much better.  Then pay the players who play in the tourney (or at the very least insure them) so everyone is happy.  Four teams just isn't enough and if there is always controversy on what those four teams should be then it is broken is some way. 

Helluva of a Rose Bowl game.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I know it will never happen but if they overhauled it to reduce the regular season by a couple of games, scrap the bowl games(they can rename every bracket game in the tourney as a bowl game) and had a March Madness style bracket it would be much better.  Then pay the players who play in the tourney (or at the very least insure them) so everyone is happy.  Four teams just isn't enough and if there is always controversy on what those four teams should be then it is broken is some way. 

Helluva of a Rose Bowl game.

So you're proposing only subtle changes.

• Upvote 1

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Green Building said:

So you're proposing only subtle changes.

I am proposing changes to make it betterB)

I'll be rooting for Georgia but tbh I don't think this game will be close.  I don't think Fromm can do what Watson did last year so it'll be up to the Georgia run game.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hard for me to watch (thinking of what might have been) but I'm really hoping the Bulldogs can hang on. As I type this, 'Bama breaks off a 36 yd run...<_<

Stuns me that a Nick Saban team has 2 true freshman in the backfield in the 4th Quarter of a National championship. Its working out for him rn tho

8 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Stuns me that a Nick Saban team has 2 true freshman in the backfield in the 4th Quarter of a National championship. Its working out for him rn tho

Speaking of Freshmen, I'm pretty impressed with Fromm...

Yeah, GA run the ball a lot, but Fromm can throw when he has to. That 3rd and long bomb was absolutely perfect.

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Speaking of Freshmen, I'm pretty impressed with Fromm...

Yeah, GA run the ball a lot, but Fromm can throw when he has to. That 3rd and long bomb was absolutely perfect.

Yup. The kid can play, needs to work on his decision making though. Mind you every QB does