The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

My Sooners got their revenge on Texas, but Georgia took 'Bama right down to the wire before losing. Hard to say if that loss will be enough to knock them out of the 4th spot.

We'll have to wait and see what the rankings say. Hopefully OU can sneak into the playoff...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My Sooners got their revenge on Texas, but Georgia took 'Bama right down to the wire before losing. Hard to say if that loss will be enough to knock them out of the 4th spot.

We'll have to wait and see what the rankings say. Hopefully OU can sneak into the playoff...

Was a close call., but probably the right one if you want to leave any meaning in conference championships (i do).  I also don't want to see an immediate rematch between Georgia-Bama the next game, which is what would have happened from Georgia getting that 4th seed.  As good as those games were, it's not good for the game to immediately grant a do-over.

I do think Georgia is a better, more complete team than OU however.

46 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Was a close call., but probably the right one if you want to leave any meaning in conference championships (i do).  I also don't want to see an immediate rematch between Georgia-Bama the next game, which is what would have happened from Georgia getting that 4th seed.  As good as those games were, it's not good for the game to immediately grant a do-over.

I do think Georgia is a better, more complete team than OU however.

Even as a Sooner fan, I have to agree. The defense is pretty much nonexistent. They pretty much have to put of 60 to get the W.

Fun to watch, tho....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit surprised at how Michigan was blown out by the Gators....

Clemson taking care of business against the Irish....I don't have much hope that we can knock off 'Bama, but at least I'll have a clear cut team to cheer for in the National Championship game.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm a bit surprised at how Michigan was blown out by the Gators....

Clemson taking care of business against the Irish....I don't have much hope that we can knock off 'Bama, but at least I'll have a clear cut team to cheer for in the National Championship game.

Gators are back baby, Dan Mullen is turning that program around.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

LSU-UCF is fun af

There's still a quarter to go, but I think this pretty much vindicates the playoff rankings. LSU is a good team, but If UCF were a legitimate top four contender, they'd need to be able to beat a team ranked outside the top 10. To underscore, the Tigers are way ahead in total offense and threatening to score again.

That being said, I hope the schedule makers can arrange for the Knights to play some ranked opponents next season, so we'll have a real idea of where they stand.

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

UCF not giving up....just saw that their missing their starting QB as well...

Hearing some of the top players, who are entering the NFL draft, choose not to play in these non-championship bowls.  I can understand not wanting to get hurt, but I don’t get giving up on your teammates. 

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hearing some of the top players, who are entering the NFL draft, choose not to play in these non-championship bowls.  I can understand not wanting to get hurt, but I don’t get giving up on your teammates. 

Alf. The average career of an nfler is maybe three years. I can totally understand why these guys are skipping out on bowl games.