The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tua done for the year, with some questions about how the injury could affect him going forward.  Entirely possible we see him return to school depending on how this hurts his draft stock.

Hoping we don't see any of the undefeated teams lose so we can have a controversy-free playoff selection. 

Heard on ESPN radio this injury could cost Tua 10 million or more.   Hadn’t heard mentioned he should stay another year at Bama.  That’s a really good idea though.  He could heal up, and get drafted higher.  Maybe he talks to teams, in a round about way that doesn’t break NCAA rules, to see where he might get drafted before deciding?

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on ESPN radio this injury could cost Tua 10 million or more.   Hadn’t heard mentioned he should stay another year at Bama.  That’s a really good idea though.  He could heal up, and get drafted higher.  Maybe he talks to teams, in a round about way that doesn’t break NCAA rules, to see where he might get drafted before deciding?

It doesn't violate NFL rules at all; he can submit his name and get graded by teams, then withdraw if he doesn't like what he hears.  There's no way he goes #1 over Lawrence, who is a generational talent IMO.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, King Heffy said:

It doesn't violate NFL rules at all; he can submit his name and get graded by teams, then withdraw if he doesn't like what he hears.  There's no way he goes #1 over Lawrence, who is a generational talent IMO.

I thought Lawrence wasn't eligible for the draft next year.....:unsure:

From what I've been reading, it would have come down to Tua or Joe Burrow.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I thought Lawrence wasn't eligible for the draft next year.....:unsure:

From what I've been reading, it would have come down to Tua or Joe Burrow.

Think he means Tua goes back for another year.  As for Lawrence, I don't think he's 'generational', that offence covered up a lot of mistakes his freshman year and it kind of showed this year.  He may still go #1, but I don't think he's Luck/Manning good.  

22 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Think he means Tua goes back for another year.  As for Lawrence, I don't think he's 'generational', that offence covered up a lot of mistakes his freshman year and it kind of showed this year.  He may still go #1, but I don't think he's Luck/Manning good.  

Most of those mistakes are 50/50 balls.  Wouldn't be surprised if the coaches told him to be more aggressive early in the year.  He's cleaned things up a lot after the close call.

11 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Hardly ever post in here but this was too hilarious:

Saw that, imo kind of a weak call tbh but college is pretty notorious for penalizing overzealous cellys.  Also it's being known as the "The Piss N'Miss" lol.

But, seriously, that sucks to lose the game by three points after the other team gets a gift field goal at the end of the first half.

And then your own kicker doinks the tying field goal off the goal post with two minutes left in the game

And then, with the other team on fourth down with a minute left, you gift the team with a first down because of too many men on the field and it's game and playoffs over.

Bah!

Nice to see my Sooners win at Bedlam. The way they had been shooting themselves in the foot for the last few games had me thinking they might be in trouble against the Cowboys. I didn't get to watch the game (stupid staff Christmas party :angry:) but 34-16 is a decent scoreline.

That being said, nothing happened in the top 4 to make me believe there's any realistic shot at a playoff spot. They'll probably move up as spot, thanks to Auburn's win against 'Bama, but Utah's victory over Colorado was pretty convincing, so they'll have #5 and the Sooners will probably be #6.

Now we've got Baylor next week for the Big 12 championship and apparently Ceedee Lamb is out for that game. :wacko:

Gators should be in line for a spot in one of the 'New Years 6' Bowl games.  What's really impressive is they did it with only 64 scholarship players(12 true freshman) on the roster - far below the max list of 85.

They need a RB, if Emmit Smith's kid commits they'll be set on that front.  

All in all, great season for Mullen and the Gators.  Only two losses and those two teams(LSU, Georgia) were in the top 5.  

So I had given up on a playoff spot, but looking at this weekend's games, I see a slight glimmer of hope....

LSU has to beat Georgia: Not a lock, but certainly a good possibility

Oregon has to beat Utah: This is a tough one. The Ducks are ranked 13th, the Utes 5th

Oklahoma has to beat Baylor: Probably the most in doubt game of the weekend. Baylor sits #7, one spot behind the Sooners and as I said before, CeeDee Lamb is out for Oklahoma. You might also remember that the bears held a big lead in their previous match-up in Waco, only to have the Sooners pull off the huge upset.

It's a loooooong shot, but.....

image.png.1c5a811856fcdcd97f10f1558353840b.png

Edited by RUPERTKBD

On 12/6/2019 at 10:14 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

So I had given up on a playoff spot, but looking at this weekend's games, I see a slight glimmer of hope....

LSU has to beat Georgia: Not a lock, but certainly a good possibility

Oregon has to beat Utah: This is a tough one. The Ducks are ranked 13th, the Utes 5th

Oklahoma has to beat Baylor: Probably the most in doubt game of the weekend. Baylor sits #7, one spot behind the Sooners and as I said before, CeeDee Lamb is out for Oklahoma. You might also remember that the bears held a big lead in their previous match-up in Waco, only to have the Sooners pull off the huge upset.

It's a loooooong shot, but.....

image.png.1c5a811856fcdcd97f10f1558353840b.png

Nice win, I saw the ot.  Well so far so good lol.

• Cheers 1