The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan

CanucksLegacy

Berglund isn't doing so hot, but Shattenkirk has been fantastic for them.

With Ryan and Backes in the top-6, Chris Stewart might become redundant. So if there were a trade there, I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart was involved.

Ballard + Hodgson + 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

Obviously, a deal would have to be made for another defenseman. Perhaps flipping Booth to Carolina for Kaberle?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Ryan

Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen

Wiese - Lapierre - Volpatti

Ebbett

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Kaberle

Rome - Salo

As much as losing Hodgson will hurt in a couple of years, that's a far better team than we have today.

I know it isn't the case for Ryan, but having too many "power forward" types can really hurt team speed. Stewart, Backes, Oshie aren't exactly speedsters. Having too many of one type of forward isn't necessarily a good thing.

Ballard + Hodgson + 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

Obviously, a deal would have to be made for another defenseman. Perhaps flipping Booth to Carolina for Kaberle?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Ryan

Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen

Wiese - Lapierre - Volpatti

Ebbett

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Kaberle

Rome - Salo

As much as losing Hodgson will hurt in a couple of years, that's a far better team than we have today.

Realistically, if the Ducks were to look at our roster and say they want a #2 center, that #2 center would be Ryan Kesler. I highly doubt they're looking to move one of their top players for an unproven player in Hodgson. Hodgson is good, but his value hasn't reached that of a #2 C yet. In fact, he would probably be that prospect they're interested in.

As for the top 4 defenseman, I'm pretty sure if you look at our roster, the player they're interested in is Edler. Since the people here wouldn't want to move either one of Kesler or Edler, it's going to be pretty tough to land such a talented power forward.

The closest package I can think of that they'll do is this:

Alexander Edler - Top 4 defenseman

Cody Hodgson - Top 2 Center

1st Rounder

Without saying, that's overpayment, but that's what one has to pay to obtain such a talent. I highly doubt they're interested in Schrods either.

Noway MG does that trade, I think youre undervaluing Edler alittle bit, I think Edler +1st and a Tanev Or Shroeder would do it. Edler is a top 2 defenceman still young and has load of potential. He is also a hybrid defenceman that can move the puck, play on the PP and be physical.. those arnt easy to find.

Archived