The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Winnipeg Jets Thread! [2011/2012]

Baercheese

jetslogo_584.jpg

All Jets talk, all the time!

Boy oh boy, how crazy would the city be if the Jets make the playoffs first season back!

It's hard not to cheer for them.

Evander Kane is improving year after year since he entered the league. The whole team in general just seems more energized with the great crowd behind them.

The team now sits 8th in the East with a 17-14-5 record.

Go Jets go!

If Anaheim is completely out of a playoff spot come trade deadline & seeing how Selanne is on the verge or retiring..

Wouldn't it be crazy if he was traded to the Jets to help them with their playoff drive ? Finish his career in the place where he started it all?

DRAMATIC OR WHAT ?!

If Anaheim is completely out of a playoff spot come trade deadline & seeing how Selanne is on the verge or retiring..

Wouldn't it be crazy if he was traded to the Jets to help them with their playoff drive ? Finish his career in the place where he started it all?

DRAMATIC OR WHAT ?!

Jets are streak breakers ending major win streaks by teams like Boston, Ottawa, Colorado...

The have beaten all the top teams in the league (save Detroit)

They have the 6th best home record 12-6-1

They have the loudest rink in the league, as confirmed consistently by opposition comments.

It's been cool to see a team who is basically unchanged from last year so much improved mainly because of their location. The Jets are 12-6-1 at home so far this year. Last year in Atlanta they won 17 of their 41 home games.

The crowds at every home game have been amazing, and it's having a direct effect on the teams work ethic.

The other day out of curiousity I actually went on stubhub to see what kind of prices people were asking for their tickets. Typically for an NHL regular season game there are anywhere from 2000-6000 tickets for sale on the site. For Jets home games there are only 200-300, and they're not cheap.

I hope the fact that they are bringing in a ton of ticket revenue over the next 5 years means they can afford to go out and get some high end skilled players because how well they are playing right now with a pretty big lack of talent is impressive.

I have been to every game so far, except 5 (so not every game), and it's incredibly loud in The Hanger. The Anaheim game was by far the most emotional yet. As far as opposing teams jerseys, surprising amount of Islanders jerseys at the game (including mine).

What I find the most entertaining is that in general, the fans do not show any support for opposing teams star players. Obviously I'm not sure what it's like at other arenas, but there was no love for Ovechkin, Tavares, Staal bros, Gaborik, Stamkos, etc. It's awesome that the fans love the Jets and the Jets alone.

Only three players have been cheered for from opposing teams. Selanne, Grabner, and Hedberg.. That's it.

Archived