The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Year Of The Bible?: Pa. House Urges ‘Faith In God Through Holy Scripture’

Satan's Evil Twin

It is being imposed onto others. A government that desires to "apply the teachings of the holy scriptures" is a clear religious imposition. Period.

Actually plenty of non-Christians people have converted to Christianity. Whether you believe it or not, I have personally heard quite a few testimonies where people have found spirituality to get them out of a life of drugs, prostitution, etc. Take it for what it's worth, but I have witnessed this. And whether or not spirutuality is real or not, it seems to have some benefits to people. Something along the lines of a placebo effect. Whatever the case, it has helped some people.

All the power to them, I am sure the heart of Christianity is right, but a lot of people miss interpret religion. Not just Christianity is guilty of crimes for religion. I am white, and atheist, and when I visited places in the southern United States they hates Muslims for stupid reasons like 9/11 (which is as dumb as people who are Jewish hating all Christians because of the Holocaust) and they despise people who are atheist.

I usually try to stay clear of most religious topics on CDC, it always turns ugly. Ends up in a pissing contest as to who is right and who is wrong. I'm just tired of the pot shots and demeaning comments about Christianity, felt I had to stand up for this one. Saw 'flame" written all over it.

As a fellow believer, I like this news too!

Of course atheists and followers of other religions won't like this, but the fact remains despite what others believe or don't believe, a big part of the inspired concepts of what America was built on is the word of God, hence the quote, "In God We Trust".

and great to have that recognized in todays world.

With all due respect to other beliefs, the reason why they wouldn't do the same thing with the Koran or whatever else is because America wasn't built on those other beliefs, just these ones. If people have a problem with that, they don't have to like it, but they can deal. It's not a snub to other beliefs, it's just a recognition of the truth.

A great example of exercising the freedom of religion

God loves all of you fellow Canuck fans!

"For God so loved the world, that he sent his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life"

Not to argue but one thing we can take note is our record of time:

Little over 2000 years ago...somone named Jesus was crucified dead and buried. Raised on the 3rd day to life. B/c of this amazing event, the entire world history revolves around his birth/death...BC and AD is the timeline we ALL use.

Go Canucks!!!

"For God so loved the world, that he sent his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life"

Little over 2000 years ago...somone named Jesus was crucified dead and buried. Raised on the 3rd day to life. B/c of this amazing event, the entire world history revolves around his birth/death...BC and AD is the timeline we ALL use.

Go Canucks!!!

Go Canucks!!!

Anno Domini (which is latin for "In the year of (our) Lord"), shortened as AD or A.D., is used to refer to the years after the birth of Jesus. Similarly, Before Christ, shortened as BC or B.C., is used in the English language to refer to all years before the start of the time period Anno Domini.

As if I don't know what it means, that wasn't the point, not everyone uses AD or BC, as far as I know the Jews use a different timeline as do the Chinese, and many people use COMMON ERA and BEFORE COMMON ERA as I was saying, the western one we are familiar with is due to the economic and military power of Rome, if Constantine hadn't been such a mama's boy we would be dated from the founding of Rome and worshipping Jupiter right now.

Archived