The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Bollywood Thread

DhillonCanuck

For those of you who do not know what Bollywood is, it is the Indian movie industry. It has been going on for over a 100 years and has created many blockbuster hits compared to Hollywood hits or maybe even better.

What has inspired me to make this thread is a movie called Agneepath which released on Thursday of this week. It is probably near the top of my list for all time movies. This movie shows how far Indian cinema has come over the last century.

To show the financial side of things, movies are made of many crores, 5 crores is equivalent to one million dollars. Just over a couple months ago just the second bollywood superhero movie was released called Ra One starring Shahrukh Khan, arguably the best bollywood actor of all time. This movie broke the record with it's budget costing 150 crores equivalent to 30 million US dollars. The film which I mentioned earlier called Agneepath which translates to "The Path Of Fire" cost 70 crore and made 25 crore on the first day alone. Overall every year Bollywood has a higher quantity of films then Hollywood but I believe it is not just mainly about love stories anymore but it is catching up in other aspects as well.

So the purpose of this thread is to ask how many people watch bollywood and their recommendations. I strongly recommend watching Agneepath, a movie that has everything and will probably be at the top of your list as well.

I grew up watching Bollywood movies, but I stopped recently. They've been all different kinds of bad as of late. The success of a dumbass movie like Dabangg just lowered the standards of the industry. Moreso than I think any movie has in the past. People eat that crap up, but that's what it is... crap.

I grew up watching Bollywood movies, but I stopped recently. They've been all different kinds of bad as of late. The success of a dumbass movie like Dabangg just lowered the standards of the industry. Moreso than I think any movie has in the past. People eat that crap up, but that's what it is... crap.

I highly recommend Agneepath

Yeah. Bollywood movies from the '90s were great.

But I think the best movie in Bollywood history is Sholay.

last bollywood movie i watched was singh is king...that was like 3 years ago? movie was oka, sound track was great. i think snoop dogg was in one of the songs.

maybe i'll watch ra one or this new one the op recommended. honestly, i mostly just watch the major hit movies....or the ones with hot bollywood chicks.

last bollywood movie i watched was singh is king...that was like 3 years ago? movie was oka, sound track was great. i think snoop dogg was in one of the songs.

maybe i'll watch ra one or this new one the op recommended. honestly, i mostly just watch the major hit movies....or the ones with hot bollywood chicks.

Agneepath is already on it's way to breaking many records.

Being a typical apni kuri, I grew up watching Bollywood with the family. Not as passionate as I once was, but still enjoy watching them when I have some free time. Last Bwood movie I really enjoyed was "Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara".

If "Agneepath" inspired you to actually start a new thread, it must be pretty good. I've heard good things about it, and look forward to checking it out!

Archived