The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your Most Nostalgic Video Game?

Spoderman

So many…too many to list…head exploding...

Top of the list is probably Mario 64. My brother and I got it for Christmas that first year, and I'll just never forget the excitement of getting exactly what we both wanted, and firing up that cartridge for the first time and seeing a world we had never even dreamed of come alive on our "top-of-the-line" 36" Sony Trinitron beast of a TV. Back in the days before IGN showed previews of everything long before release, we had no idea what to expect, and we were completely blown away. Good memories.

But there are so many more. Any Zelda game, especially the first one. Any Mario game. Sonic. ToeJam and Earl (Which my wife and I just played together a couple weeks ago HAHA). Blades of Steel. NHL 93-95 (93 they used to show "highlights" from other games, and 95 was the first year you could make trades). GoldenEye, Tony Hawk, Mario RPG, Earthbound, FF7. And of course my favourite game of all time, Chrono Trigger.

Man, this list seems like it could go on forever...

Nope, can't do it.  Can't...name...just...one...game...

NES(where it all started):

Final Fantasy

Cobra Triangle

River City RansomSEGA Genesis: NHL 94Shining ForceSNES:PilotwingsMarioKartStreet Fighter 2Final Fantasy 2CPU:Jones in the Fast LaneSimcity 4 (still play it)Bah these forums suck

Sonic on Sega...I also remember playing Little Big Adventure, Quake II and Curse of Monkey Island on PC. The game I was addicted to the most and actually kicked a lot of ass in was Age of Empires: Rise of Rome (expansion)...used to play that for hours after school on Zone.com!!

Archived