The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking News: Press Conference Scheduled in Seattle to Announce Arena Deal

CanuckRow

Another likely name would be the Thunderbirds. Although the Totems would be a pretty sweet name.

If Seattle does get an NHL team (though I still find it unlikely) their WHL team would have to relocate. Seattle is not a big enough market to support 2 teams.

This is great news. For the city of Seattle, minor hockey in the Pacific Nothwest the Canucks and their fans.

Re-Alignment is on the horizon and a division consisting of VCR, CGY, EDM, SEA, SJ, LA and ANA is great news for the teams travel. As fans , more games in California and a rival as close as Seattle would do wonders for Canuck road trips. Can,t wait!!!!!

I like the Seattle Storm, it has a nice ring to it.

Having a team in Seattle would be awesome!

I would imagine the cost to drive there and back, a hotel room for the night, and tickets would still be cheaper than going to a Canucks game

No thanks to the Storm or Nirvana for team names. Call me old-fashioned, (or old, which I am) but I hate non-pluralized names.

Heat, Magic, Wild, Lightning, Thunder, Jazz, Avalanche...they all suck, IMO. The only ones not ending with an "S" that I don't mind are the Red Sox and White Sox.

No thanks to the Storm or Nirvana for team names. Call me old-fashioned, (or old, which I am) but I hate non-pluralized names.

Heat, Magic, Wild, Lightning, Thunder, Jazz, Avalanche...they all suck, IMO. The only ones not ending with an "S" that I don't mind are the Red Sox and White Sox.

Why don't we move the Wolves there? <_<

Two major teams probably means arena football or lingerie lacrosse with basketball! Its not like New Hampshire or Illinois where kids can at least have backyard rinks..., not even any snow birds. I doubt Seattle has much appetite for NHL hockey, no culture of hockey growing up = no support.

The Seattle Satelittes. oh boy.

Archived