The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

In hopes of making the trade rumor section a less of a cluster fu**, here is 1 section with all the early morning rumors

Kings Still Shopping

Following Jeff Carter's trade to the Los Angeles Kings, the team appears to still have several irons in the fire according to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie.

McKenzie, who was on the NHL on TSN panel on Thursday night, said that the Kings were still talking to a number of teams about their goaltenderJonathan Bernier in their quest to add another forward. McKenzie also stated that the captain of the team, Dustin Brown is also a player that could get moved.

McKenzie reports that the teams with the highest level of interest in Brown are Boston, Buffalo, Edmonton, New Jersey, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Toronto and Vancouver.

The Final Push on Hemsky and Nash?

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported late on Thursday that the Edmonton Oilers are making a final push toward re-signing forwardAles Hemsky. Dreger stated that there is still a lot of teams interested in the forward if the Oilers can't make a deal.

Dreger also reports that the Maple Leafs are going to push Columbus for a decision on Rick Nash, and would like to know by Saturday which way they will go. He says the New York Rangers will likely do the same, and that Kings forward Brown is the Plan B.

Talking Points

ESPN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun says a source told him that the Kings actually made an offer at one point for both Rick Nash and Jeff Carter, but settled for just Carter. He also agrees that there are many suitors for L.A.'s Dustin Brown and the Stars' Steve Ott, and mentions that Dallas is also interested in James van Riemsdyk.

Blue Jackets Not Done Yet

According to the Columbus Dispatch's Aaron Portzline, the fact that the Blue Jackets dealt Jeff Carter on Thursday does not impact the market forRick Nash, who is still available for the right price. Portzline also reportsthat the Edmonton Oilers have expressed interest in defencemanMarc Methot, who is under contract through the 2014-15 season.

Wanting to Stay

Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer states that Flyers forwardJames van Riemsdyk, who is believed to be on the trade market, wants to stay with the team.

"This is where I want to be," van Riemsdyk said.

Over the Moen

The Canadian Press states that Montreal Canadiens forward Travis Moen, who is set to become a free agent on July 1, is unavailable. Moen is currently on injured reserve.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388728

From the list I would want Brown the most.. Strong, Hits a ton, good cap hit, and is a legit top 6 right winger that can play on the 3rd as well.

I heard he can play on the left wing as well but we're littered with left wingers its about time we have a natural right winger..

It doesn't actually say but I'd assume because:

1) Carter is there it bumps Brown off the spot

2) Maybe LA wants Richards to take over the Captaincy and the room

3) Salary juggling

To me the biggest reason would be the second one as I don't know why LA, a struggling offensive team, would trade away a 30 point guy this season thus far... and it looks like they have the cap to fit him this year.

The most logical trading partner for LA involving Brown would have to be Toronto. They have so many defencemen and I think a player like Schenn might interest LA. I don't think Vancouver has the pieces unless they are looking for prospects and picks (Schroeder, 2nd, 3rd?)

IMO the biggest reason is they have a huge hole on defence. I would take it to the bank that if LA trades brown, they will get a d-man in return.

Doughty Mitchell

Scuderi Greene

Martinez Drewiske

Doughty is not playing at his best and if you see any of those top 4 dmen get injured, you can easily say bye bye to their playoff run/hopes.

IMO the biggest reason is they have a huge hole on defence. I would take it to the bank that if LA trades brown, they will get a d-man in return.

Doughty Mitchell

Scuderi Greene

Martinez Drewiske

Doughty is not playing at his best and if you see any of those top 4 dmen get injured, you can easily say bye bye to their playoff run/hopes.

Archived