The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Zidlicky to New Jersey for Foster + Veilleux + Palmieri + 2nd Pick + Cond. Pick

flapjacks

New Jersey trades 5 players for a player whois contract will end Next season.

Pro's. He is a top 4 Defencemen. Can play as a top 2 even. CAn play on the power play.

Con's. LIke a typical Russian player. When he's not happy, he wont play, and struggles. Someone like Ballard, will keep trying. He just decided to suck on purpose to hope Minnesota trades him away. On top of that, a terrible season for him right now. Lou Lammoroello will either look stupid. or look like a Genius.

He was someone I wouldn't Gillis going after. He averaged 20 minutes of ice per game this season. However 5 prospects is too much. I don't care how weak this draft is, thats just too many players, I'm not even sure how the how Minnesota was able to get so much out of New Jersey.

I can't say I fully understand why it took so much to pry Zidlicky out of Minny, considering the fact that he was openly unhappy about his situation there.

If that's the price for an aging puck-mover who is somewhat suspect in his own end, I don't expect Gillis to get anyone before the deadline.

He was someone I wouldn't Gillis going after. He averaged 20 minutes of ice per game this season. However 5 prospects is too much. I don't care how weak this draft is, thats just too many players, I'm not even sure how the how Minnesota was able to get so much out of New Jersey.

I was actually very surprised that Minny was able to get so much from NJ for Zidlicky. Say what you want about Foster, Palmieri, and Vellieux, but you've got to admit that this was a very lopsided trade.. aging struggling D who's lost his touch for a 20-30 pt D, a prospect and a spare part player, PLUS two draft picks. Good trade for the Wild, but we'll see how Zidlicky performs for the Devils before we judge NJ

Archived