The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Zidlicky to New Jersey for Foster + Veilleux + Palmieri + 2nd Pick + Cond. Pick

flapjacks

I don't know anything about Palmieri, however Zidlicky fell out of favour with Minny's coach Yeo this season (worst hockey pool acquisition of the year!)... so since everybody knew that Minny was desperate to trade him, I agree with the rest of the posters that they overpaid

Guest The Brown Burrows

I think that the Devils came out on top.

It was basically Foster, Palmeri, and a 2nd for Zidlicky.

Foster didn't fit in with the Devils organization.

Palmeri is a decent player (prospect) but trust me he won't have much of an impact on either team.

• 3 months later...
Guest Dasein

Thread of the Year, anyone? LOL come back and read all your opinions :lol:

Fast forward to today - May 30th: Lou Lamoriello, Marek Zidlicky and the New Jersey Devils are set to play game 1 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals. Who the F would have thought that Zidlicky was the piece that would push them over the top to get there?

Lou knew what he needed and what he wanted and he wasn't afraid to pay a premium to get it. Goes to show why he's such a great GM and to never underestimate professionals such as Lou...

I'm not being holier than thou bumping this thread laughing at those who said that New Jersey overpaid and completely lost out on the trade - because I felt the same way when the trade was made. But man, nobody can say that New Jersey lost this trade now. Of course, we must wait and see how those picks and players pan out for Minnesota, but New Jersey got quite a lot out of this trade (being in the SCF) and are looking for it to pay off 100% (winning the Cup) in which case I would say New Jersey wins this trade.

Definitely the most underrated trade of this season.

Guest Dasein

8 points and 16 penalty minutes in 18 playoff games, I wouldnt really say this is why NJ is in the finals.. and i think you are trying to be holier than thou.

Archived