The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tsn: Radulov Returning To Nsh? Cup Run

Why are people happy with this? Radulov plays two seasons with the team. BOLTS to make money in the KHL, and now that he's at the tail end of his contract (And the team is poised to make a run in the playoffs) NOW he decides to play?

This doesn't bother anyone? What if Gillis pulled off a trade with Columbus and the Canucks drafted Yakopov? Would you be happy after his first season, he bolts to the KHL? Basically what the NHL/KHL are saying is you can disregard your entry level contract, and just wait until you're close to being an RFA and make $2-4 Million in the KHL per season, and still come back with no penalty in time for your NHL team to make a Stanley Cup run.

Serious loophole that needs to be fixed.

Why are people happy with this? Radulov plays two seasons with the team. BOLTS to make money in the KHL, and now that he's at the tail end of his contract (And the team is poised to make a run in the playoffs) NOW he decides to play?

This doesn't bother anyone? What if Gillis pulled off a trade with Columbus and the Canucks drafted Yakopov? Would you be happy after his first season, he bolts to the KHL? Basically what the NHL/KHL are saying is you can disregard your entry level contract, and just wait until you're close to being an RFA and make $2-4 Million in the KHL per season, and still come back with no penalty in time for your NHL team to make a Stanley Cup run.

Serious loophole that needs to be fixed.

i can see this happening and helping the preds a lot and then him being traded at the draft. the preds already are having contract problems with suter and weber adding radulov to that mix puts them way over the top; plus they cant really risk radulov bolting again. I can see washington trading for him, him and ovechkin would

be a good combo

He wasn't all that noticable in the Olympics. A goal and an assist while Russia got trounced early. Has he improved since then?

Nashville's fear should be that going this route may emulate Washington's direction rather than Detroit's. But i guess we'll see.

TOML

You've gotta think that Radulov would be the one guy on Nashville who would have the green light to go at all times. You adjust your system to fit guys like that. Trotz on Radulov:

He won't "prepare" - obviously, meaning that when and if he gets Radulov, he will prepare for and adjust his system so that it maximizes Radulov's skillset. Trotz had to play his defensive system because he has no offensive star - but with Radulov? I'm sure he'll keep his defensive system, but give Radulov every chance to produce.

Archived