The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tsn: Radulov Returning To Nsh? Cup Run

Trotz vs Hunter - one's a Jack Adams winner, the other just came from the OHL.

Yes, good coaches will do what's best for their team, and right now, green light for Radulov makes perfect sense IMO for Nashville. Also, I think Ovechkin having to play defensive is good because he's a leader and is expected to be all-around good player. Nashville has more defense than they can handle and zero offense so why not give the green light?

That lineup is "Death by a thousand cuts" as it stands right now but if they get Radulov...

Yikes. I'm glad Babcock gets to tangle with that beast in the 1st round and not us. Seven game series and it's always tough to bet against Datsyuk, Zetterberg & Lidstrom.

I concur, but the chance of the move blowing up in Nashville's face is there too. Hudler was a ppg player in the KHL, but ended up being a washout in Detroit for a full season when he came back. I think Radulov will be better than that, but worse than Jagr.

Nobody seemed to bat an eye when Detroit sent Hudler packing. That was direct cap circumvention in my view, as they were pressed to the cap. Nashville is not.

TOML

He ain't going to be a big threat . Coming to a new team . Doesn't seem to have much interest in Nashville , he's a greedy character. I hope he just is a nightmare to deal with for the vouching and starts problems with his own players. Causing a monumental collapse :P

He ain't going to be a big threat . Coming to a new team . Doesn't seem to have much interest in Nashville , he's a greedy character. I hope he just is a nightmare to deal with for the vouching and starts problems with his own players. Causing a monumental collapse :P

Lots of people, especially athletes, are greedy; whether this be in character or in performance. Either way, that doesn't mean they can't have a positive impact on their team.

Just because Radulov left to go play at home for significantly more money, that doesn't mean he's greedy. He did what he believed to be in his best interest.

I have done the same thing in my career, and would do it again if I felt it was the best thing for me. I received a promotion, took it, and leveraged it for a position at another company. That decision worked out like gangbusters, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would work again. Does it mean that I'm shady? I don't think so. Loyal? Only has much as a paid professional can be. Again, I have to do what is best for my career and my family. Businesses do the exact same thing. Whether it is right or wrong doesn't come into play, at least not to me.

So Radulov left for what he considered a better opportunity. I don't see people sh*tting on the Rangers for burying Redden, treating Avery like garbage, the Devils for burying Mogilny years ago, etc, etc, etc.

For all the players that have made decisions like Radulov has, think back over the past 60 years to how NHL execs have treated players or any organization has treated some of their employees. Fair or not, it's business.

Can't find this info. Is he an RFA or UFA after this season? If he's an RFA does he have arbitration rights? That would be a hard contract to negotiate considering he hasn't played in the NHL for yrs.

Archived