The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jesus May Have Been A Hermaphrodite, Claims Academic

dudeone

not that i give a crap about the actual topic , but i was thinking about how man in general and religion in particular have disenfranchised women all through history, and after reading some of the posts on here i tried to find a word that was the opposite of mysoginist , i could not . i tried to find a word for woman hater and it brought up a paragraph on women hating women , for all we think we treat the oppsite sex better than we used to , we still have along way to go in actually considering them equals . my mother and my partner are a couple of the yardsticks i use in the measurse of my success .

not that i give a crap about the actual topic , but i was thinking about how man in general and religion in particular have disenfranchised women all through history, and after reading some of the posts on here i tried to find a word that was the opposite of mysoginist , i could not . i tried to find a word for woman hater and it brought up a paragraph on women hating women , for all we think we treat the oppsite sex better than we used to , we still have along way to go in actually considering them equals . my mother and my partner are a couple of the yardsticks i use in the measurse of my success .

this is the etymology of misogyny: so based off of that, and the greek word for man being Andras, I would think the proper formation of the word would be something like misoandrany or misondrany or misandrany; something along those lines. alternately, it could be better formed as Andrasmisy or Andramisy, but it would be backwards.

or, yo could just go with what is most accurate: Feminist.

Actually in many instances did Jesus stand up for women.  His actions in protecting the prostitute from being stoned, from having the woman pour perfume on him, and spending time with Mary and Martha.  

In a time when woman were acceptably underneath men, Jesus stood out to defend them.

Archived