The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wednesday's Game Will Show Everything.

drukes1234

Ya he melted down, in 1 year. game 6 in 2010 in the 1st he stood on his head, highlighted by the Save on sharp. Chicago dominated us and he single handedly held the fort for awhile, we were terrible in that game.

we were bending and we finally broke, then the flood gates opened and it was goal after goal but not entirley his fault.

And as for the Nashville thing I have no clue how u came to that asumption? "he let them back in" they out worked us for there 2 wins, he wasn't bad in the 2 loses they just wanted it more.

I personally dont think Kassian can play on the first line with the twins this year. Maybe we will see that in couple of years but not anytime soon. I think raymond should be given some time with the twins, until he can find his scoring touch along with his confidence. As much as Raymond should be able to finish while he is playing with the twins, the Sedins are world class players that should be capable of helping out a player like Raymond. Im sure we can all agree that Burr on the 3rd line is pretty good right no, so AV should leave that for now. Give Ray few more games with the Twins.. let him get his confidence back, let the twins get their scoring touch back then we can "experiment" something else.

They worked us on their wins? I'm pretty sure we barely gave up a scoring chance in game 2 against Nash until Luongo decided to let in a goal from behind the net (something he didn't do just once in the series) in the last minute sending the game to OT.

Lou was HORRIBLE against Chi in 2010 as well, there's a reason there was a Raycroft chant at almost every home game against the Hawks.

I wish I were wrong, and maybe I am, that would be a good thing, I just don't think going back to the well with this guy when he's proven to be an issue is a good decision when you have someone like Cory behind him. Cory's #'s the past few years are terrific and his #'s aren't based on several amazing games and several lackluster games, he's just overall consistent, which is a more important aspect than overall GAA and Save %.

That happens to everybody, its not like it onlys happens to him, its pure luck and has nothing to do with how hes playing, he could have been playing like he did in game 7 agianst the Hawks and let that in, thats not a good arguement he was fine in that series.

and with this Raycroft Chant, Really are u sure there was a chant? I went to game 4 and I didn't hear any chants. I did hear us all booing the Ref after Byfuglien pushed Lu into the net and the Goal counted.

How did he play bad agianst Chicago in 2010, he wasn't at his best but he wasn't terrible, or atleast not as bad as everybody else (I know convienient excuse) But we were terrible in that Series, all caved under the Pressure & even if he was better than I still don't think we would have won.

In all honesty I really dont think like we would have made it past LA in 2010 without Lu, theres no way we would have, we were getting Killed on the PK, and Alot of times his Saves are what held us in and Gave us some momentum.

Just like he did many times through Last years playoff run.

Yes I was at the game and there were several Razor chants, specifically when Lou let in a softie from Seabrook 2 minutes into the game.. I believe that was game 4.

In regards to your argument about getting past LA in 2010, he wasn't bad in the series but the fact of the matter is the best penalty killer on your team is your goaltender and the fact we couldn't kill a damn penalty in the series is as much a reflection on Luongo as the penalty killers themselves.

I was about to start another thread until I found this. You had said everything I was going to say: how we do against the Hawks will be perhaps the biggest indicator on how we do overall. It's when the pressure is on, because they will throw everything they have at us - and we will have to throw all we have at them.

Win this game, and we just might make the Finals and win. Lose, and well, we can forget about even making the playoffs.

Archived