The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huge Mistake In Starting Schneids Tonight....

Dun Caesar

From the 15th of Jan to the 18th of Feb Lu did not lose a single game in regulation, and he played ten, he was 7-0-3 in that stretch.

From the 21st of Feb to now he is 2-4-1 in net, but it is not really about Luongo. The team has pretty much known they were a home ice first round playoff team since the 18th of Feb. Where is the challenge, where is the reason to get up for the game, and lastly, why bust your butt all out to get the President's trophy, when you can coast to a very similar playoff experience without busting anything, or rather, anyone.

That is why Cory is getting more starts this past month, and why he should start tonight. Meaningless games need not be played by players you don't want to get hurt. I would even give the twins a night off each on back to back nights.

Whether or not there is/will be a goalie controversy, is in the hands of Lu. If he plays the way he is expected to play, there is no contoroversy. If he continues to perform the way he has for the past 8 games or so, there will be.

The whole universe knows how good Cory Schneider has played and how much potential he has. Only on CDC are there people who diss him in order to protect their love for Lu.

Lu has been given every chane to work his way out of his funk and so far, hasn't been able to. To continue to play him at the expense of the team's success and to avoid a possible controversy defies all reason (except on CDC).

I hope Lu finds his game and finally gets it done this year but if he falters, I also hope management don't hesitate to go with Schneider and if he plays well, ride him as long as he gets the job done.

This is the Vancouver Canucks, not the Luongo Canucks.

I agree with everyone that says this is just a game that Schneider starts, not because the team or Luongo looks like crap lately. Columbus is the worst team in the league, who else can the back up start against? Corey deserves starts and he is getting them.

I strongly believe that Corey Schneider is the main reason why Roberto Luongo has played so well over the past two seasons, especially this season. If Schneids comes in and lights up Columbus, that will be the best possible medicine for Lou. A lot of people are saying that the team isn't really playing for anything, so the internal competitive (again) is great. Luongo is obviously the guy, but a little competition will push him the right way.

so you're worried about lu's feelings? grow up. these are professional athletes. they will be pulled benched if they're underperforming. Luongo's not going to get special treatment just because he was good 5 weeks ago.

there was never a goalie controversy at all this season. Just fans and media trying to make one. Now, im sure Schnieder would like to be a no. 1 on this team, but he's not. And he is always having a great smile whenever i see footage of him, whether it be him playing or not.

No, Schneider needs to be game ready for us, so he needs to play. There is no controversy. Lu has his ups and downs like any other player, and the buck does not stop with him if the Canucks are losing games. It is a team effort, and the guys in front of him need to step it up. That being said, Lu also needs to step up his performance. He is better than what we have been seeing lately.

Hope we win big time tonight!

Actually Johnny Canuck...I believe its goaltender coach Rollie Melansson and not Schneider who should get the credit for Lous play over the last 2 seasons...especially last year ! He reinvented Lou last year , unfortunately, Lou did not utilize the same strategies during the playoffs and ran hot and cold. I often wonder whether or not Rollie gets consulted by Av as to who he thinks is the best option in goal from game to game.

First off, I am a huge fan of Schneider,so i am not hating on him at all. That being said, we have been playing somepretty bad hockey lately. Lou is looking like a below average goalie, and our best players aren't playing like our best players. We are due for a win. We're at home playing a pretty bad team. If we win tonight, it's gonna spark another goalie controversy, causing big distractions to the team,and giving the media a field day with annoying questions about who the starting goalie should be. If we win and Schneider plays great, I am almost afraid to listen to the team 1040 on Monday, and all the people calling in, saying how terrible Lou is.

I agree with everyone that says this is just a game that Schneider starts, not because the team or Luongo looks like crap lately. Columbus is the worst team in the league, who else can the back up start against? Corey deserves starts and he is getting them.

I strongly believe that Corey Schneider is the main reason why Roberto Luongo has played so well over the past two seasons, especially this season. If Schneids comes in and lights up Columbus, that will be the best possible medicine for Lou. A lot of people are saying that the team isn't really playing for anything, so the internal competitive (again) is great. Luongo is obviously the guy, but a little competition will push him the right way.

Sorry, but there already is a goalie controversy. If you don't think Cory Schneider is LOUDLY banging on the starting goalie door then you have your head in the sand and are worried about Lu's ego.

Too late. EVERYONE, including the team, media, fans, coach, Lu, CS, they all know Schneids could easily be the starter of this team, especially with Lu's play lately. Besides, I'll take a win over any team this point, no game is an easy win in the NHL anymore. If Lu can't handle the media created from a "controversy" than I don't want him in net in Game 7 of the Finals. I want a goalie who thrives under the pressure.

I love Roberto, but if Cory Schneider plays brilliant tonight, and goes on a roll all the way through the playoffs and wins the Cup, will you be upset? I want the best goaltender in net. Period. Who that is, is not up to me, but I want the best chance to win. Are you sure Roberto gives us that? Didn't think so.

Archived