The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huge Mistake In Starting Schneids Tonight....

Dun Caesar

I love Roberto, but if Cory Schneider plays brilliant tonight, and goes on a roll all the way through the playoffs and wins the Cup, will you be upset? I want the best goaltender in net. Period. Who that is, is not up to me, but I want the best chance to win. Are you sure Roberto gives us that? Didn't think so.

Last 2-3 months, yes I was sure. Right now Lu is just going through a funk and I know he will get out of it becuase he always does and he will give us the best chance to win. That is why I think Schnieds should get a few more starts here to get us some wins and so Lu can regroup and get back to form.

I dont care about Luongo getting his confidence back or slaying his demons or getting back on form or whatever its being called these days. Its been a topic of discussion with this guy for 5 years now. He's as inconsistant and high-maintenance as they come. Schneider on the other hand has been consistantly fantastic ever since he started with the Canucks 2 seasons ago. Politics and ridiculously long contracts be damned. The better goalie should be getting the starts and you would have to be blind right now to think that guy is Luongo. Schneider has payed his dues in full, he's been the better goalie right from the start, he hasn't gone all Cody Hodgson on us and he's done it all for 1/6th of Luongo's cap hit. As far as I'm concerned, Schneider is the guy.

Really? It is really difficult to imagine a scenario where Corey Schneider is the clear cut number one goalie, as well as the Game 1 starter in the playoffs. Schneids would need to not allow a goal the rest of the way and Lou would need to lose every game. The team has made it abundantly clear that Luongo is their guy come playoff time. If you want to talk about how long you think his leash should be there are threads for that. I'm not going to get into a Lou vs. Schneids or a Why-You-Think-Luongo-Should-Be-Traded-or-be-the-Backup argument for the 15 000 000th time on CDC.

Hahahahahha.

And also, this is the Columbus Blue Jackets. They are the worst team in the league. This game is going to go two ways.

1. Canucks win - "No big deal, if they can't beat the CBJs than we don't deserve to make the playoffs"

2. Canucks lose - "THE SKY IS FALLING OMG OMG OMG"

Obviously I want Corey to play his best, but even a 60 save shutout isn't going to suddenly give him the starters job. C'mon man, maybe if he started 6 in a row at this time of year, but a good game against Columbus?

If he plays the way he is expected to play, there is no contoroversy.

I appreciate your point, however it may have been better to say, "if he plays and wins, there is less controversy."

You know as well as I do that every goal that is scored against Lui is over analyzed to the 9th degree by his rabid critics. The only time he can really escape criticism is when he gets a shutout and unfortunately for him, that has happened only three times this year so far. Poor guy can't win for losing sometimes in the mad, mad hockey world of the Vancouver Canucks. C'est la vie!!!

Huge mistake posting this thread. How are there so many Canucks fans that are this dumb? it blows my mind. If Lu loses tonight it lowers his confidence even more so than it is right now, which would not be a good thing. Also Team 1040 callers for the most part are retarted fans who have somthing to complain about, how many times do you hear a person calling in with positive remarks? Such a waste of time that show is... And insinuating Scnied getting the W will start a controversy? Well, Im sure you know what I think about that at this point... Dumbass.

Hahahahahha.

And also, this is the Columbus Blue Jackets. They are the worst team in the league. This game is going to go two ways.

1. Canucks win - "No big deal, if they can't beat the CBJs than we don't deserve to make the playoffs"

2. Canucks lose - "THE SKY IS FALLING OMG OMG OMG"

Obviously I want Corey to play his best, but even a 60 save shutout isn't going to suddenly give him the starters job. C'mon man, maybe if he started 6 in a row at this time of year, but a good game against Columbus?

nope, its a great idea to start schneider tonight.

if there is a goalie controversy, then there is a good reason for it.

Last time we had a so called controversy in oct/nov it did nothing but good things for the team...we got out of our slump and Lu started playing lights out!

I sure hope you are right.

For an "elite" goaltender his inconsistency is absolutely horrifying because you never know when "fragile Lu" will appear.

For me as a fan, I'd rather take the calm stability of Schneider, then brilliant goaltending by Lu to be followed by unexplainable lapses in mental judgement. In the playoffs, all it takes is scary Lu to show up for a week, and it's over. That is my fear. How can it not be any Canuck fan's fear? It's happened multiple times before, does that not scare people?

Im sick of ppl saying Lou did this and hes done that... Lou is a great goalie in his own right and we owe him big time for what hes done but as of right NOW schneider is the better goalie stats per game , gameplay, and team confidence , every category except maybe puckhandling .... Until Lou proves now that he can outplay schneider , schneider should be our guy with our support . Dont play schneider cuz if hes too good it creates controversy? You must be clinically insane . Why t f would we keep him then exactly?

Last season went game 7 of the SCF, and got 2 shutouts. Thats why it doesn't scare me. Lu only has 3 shutouts this regular season, yet got 2 in the SCF. To me that is unbelievable.

What scares me is our pp, and lack of offense. 8 goals in 7 games does not scare you? 8 goals in 7 games will barely get you 3 regular season wins, let alone 4 wins for the freakin Stanley Cup.

So last time Luongo was playing like this Schnieder got 7 straight starts. The team started winning and Luo game back playing some of his best hockey ever. I say give Schnieds the next few starts, let the team get their act and confidence back. This gives Luo a mental break and allows him to re focus for the stretch drive and playoffs

agree.

people never look at the whole team. It always just the goalie, as though it is only a one player Gm. Thomas was lit up vs Tampa, gave up 4+ goals but Bruins still won, because his team can score. After Gm 2 of cup finals do you recall what Thomas said? "we have to score goals to win". Gee, what a revelation eh? Imagine Lui says that , nux fans would have ripped him to pieces.

agree.

people never look at the whole team. It always just the goalie, as though it is only a one player Gm. Thomas was lit up vs Tampa, gave up 4+ goals but Bruins still won, because his team can score. After Gm 2 of cup finals do you recall what Thomas said? "we have to score goals to win". Gee, what a revelation eh? Imagine Lui says that , nux fans would have ripped him to pieces.

Archived