The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

L.a. Or Dallas 1St Round?

Hogs & Podz

I think San Jose will miss the playoffs. Gonna be tough for Calgary, but I hope they make it and we play them first round. Less travel. But it's a long shot. Don't see Dallas fading (7-2-1). LA makes it and we play Phoenix first round. Be hard fought and we take it in 6. We play Detroit second round or less likely Nashville. Chicago wins to the conference final when we have our annual round with them. Then it's off to the SCF. But not against Pittsburgh, though I would love to see that match up.

actually, Pist and Rangers look scary from the east. Lundqvist could end up being another Thomas problem for us.

We should be fine with the rest of the western teams.

I would much rather we face Calgary.

1) It would be an epic series

2) my co-worker literally thinks Calgary is THE BEST team in the league that ran into bad luck in the beginning of the season. I'd love to rub it in his face once the Canucks eliminate Calgary.

5 teams fighting for 2 playoff spots. San Jose controls their own destiny. Win two in a row and they are 2 points behind Chicago, and would have a 1.5 game cushion. The team I wouldn't want to face is Phoenix. They play that defensive style game that we seem to have problems with.

The Canucks could be the team that forces the Kings and AV's and possibly Flames out of the playoffs.

I just don't believe L.A. has it in them to keep it up and make the playoffs. They have three of their last ten against the Sharks. In fact, their next five games are against teams equal to or better than them. The Sharks, Blues, Bruins and Canucks and Flames get are the next bunch the Kings face, before finally facing relatively easier opponents in the Oilers, Wild and Oilers and finally finishing off with a home and home series against rival playoff contenders The SHarks. 3/10th easy and 7/10th hard is not a nice shedule, and almost half those games (4) are going against teams hungry enough to fight as hard as they can for that 8th spot.

Calgary left it a tad late, but going 5-1-1 in their last 7 has a big impact on me. They have Colorado, Minnesota, Dallas Dallas and LA for their next five and then Colorado, Vancouver, Vancouver and Anaheim to finish off. It is no walk in the park, but depending on their next five games, all against relatively similar standings teams, no elites there, they could be in a position to really push the final four games and eek into 8th. Call me a Canadian Homer, but I prefer their chances over LA, even though right now, the odds don't look good.

Does anyone believe Colorado is actually going to make the playoffs? Not here. Four of their last five went into extra innings, and you don't trip into 8th that way when you have to play Calgary, Phoenix, Vancouver, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary all before catching a break playing Columbus and then finishing against Nashville. Yikes, that is one hard schedule to finish up with , and no room for error. Colorado making the playoffs just isn't in my sights at all. If they prove me wrong, well stranger things have happened.

San Jose has the best case to make the post season out of all five teams trying for the final 2 spots (*ignoring for the moment that SJ PHo and Dallas can all win their division, making it so weak that I expect the Pacific to be knocked out in the first round, unless two of their teams play each other.)

San Jose aren't playing really well, but they have 11 games left, which is a luxury teams like the Avelanche just don't have. The upside for the other teams is they don't have an easy time with 9 of these remaining 11 games, but time and room for mistakes is on their side.

Got a Hundred Bucks riding that calgary finishes 10th or worse with my buddy from Cgy, so i reallly really hope its not the flames in the 7 hole....And its amazing how much a bet made at the start of the year, can make you truly care about the vast majority of games going on in the west....Cheering for everyone that is not on Jarome Iginlas team

It's funny how most of the people here who want to face the flames so badly are just looking at that from the Canucks winning perspective and totally disregarding what would happen if the Canucks did in fact faced the flames in the first round and list. We would never hear the end of it from flames fans. And if that happens a lot of CDCers would go nuts.

Archived