The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup For Wednesday Against Chicago

Franz Liszt

I want Gillis to bring up Bitz, but we don't have enough room. If it was possible I would like the lines to look like this.

Sedin-Sedin-Bitz

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Burrows-Pahlsson-Hansen

Malhotra/Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

Raymond

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Gragnani-Salo

Rome

Alberts

Luongo

Schneider

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

(we gave Raymond a chance so why not Kas)

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

(Nothing needed to be said)

Burrows - Pahlsson - Hansen

(Worked well before,Burr had more jump)

Malhotra - Lappierre - Raymond

(Put raymond in so he can swap with kas if he struggles or something happens to someone)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

(just the regular)

Edler - Salo

(Same as ^)

Gragnani - Tanev

(Thought Grags was decent in minny)

Luongo

(Should be extra motivated and I think he will be strong)

When is Ballard back?

We haven't looked good at the back since KB4 got injured.

He has it all.............and he kicks ass if he deems it is required. Also Tanev has not been the same player without him.

I like Burrows and I want him along with the Sedins in the playoffs...............maybe.

I know I have pumped Raymond's tyres but am I the only one that sensed a lack of "clarity" / "system" with the 1st line against the Wild?

I don't know if it was coincidence but things seemed less frantic and more suited to the Sedins with Raymond as defensive insurance policy and setting the Sedins up. I think I would like to see him back against Chicago and also take another look at Burr on the 3rd where he seemed to be fitting in nicely.

Schroeder Kesler Booth

Sedin Sedin Bitz

Burrows Lapierre Weisse/Raymond

Higgins Pahlsson Hansen

Gragnani Hamhuis

Edler Salo

Tanev Bieksa

Schneider

Luongo

Send Kassian to Chicago, call up Schroeder and Bitz

raymond produced on the first with the sedins. one game later he is sat and the sedins are scoreless.

the hardest thing for mayray in the pressbox must be....watching things not work on the ice.

i think av assumes because the twins are scoring with mayray, they are back on and can play with anyone. i think mayrays speed is buying them much needed room to operate. the clutch and grab fails if 4 on 4 gives more room for speed to matter.

raymond produced on the first with the sedins. one game later he is sat and the sedins are scoreless.

the hardest thing for mayray in the pressbox must be....watching things not work on the ice.

i think av assumes because the twins are scoring with mayray, they are back on and can play with anyone. i think mayrays speed is buying them much needed room to operate. the clutch and grab fails if 4 on 4 gives more room for speed to matter.

If we have one line combination working, and the rest aren't, why wouldn't you mix things up?

To me, Raymond has to be in the top 6 to produce, and we can't afford to just leave him out of the lineup when we're getting shut out by the Wild. He's a 20 goal scorer when he's on, only problem is, he hasn't been on since the beggining of the season. Either way though, you better hope that he snaps out of it soon, because we need all the offense we can get going into the playoffs.

I don't see why AV is putting two offensive players on a line with a shutdown center, and two defensive players on a line with an offensive center playing wing...

IMO we should have a 3a/3b bottom 6, with one line loaded up with offensive players, and one line loaded up with shutdown players. That way we have the option of either rolling 3 lines, or to play the shutdown line.

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Pahlsson Malhotra Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

(we gave Raymond a chance so why not Kas)

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

(Nothing needed to be said)

Burrows - Pahlsson - Hansen

(Worked well before,Burr had more jump)

Malhotra - Lappierre - Raymond

(Put raymond in so he can swap with kas if he struggles or something happens to someone)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

(just the regular)

Edler - Salo

(Same as ^)

Gragnani - Tanev

(Thought Grags was decent in minny)

Luongo

(Should be extra motivated and I think he will be strong)

Archived