The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could The Canucks Look Into The Khl Prior To Playoffs?

Lui's Knob

LOL, also there is no one worth going after in the KHL. Some of you need to understand, theres a gap level in terms of skill between the KHL and the NHL, as biased as some Russian fans will tell you. The best KHL players will not make it as a top line NHL player, but maybe , just maybe a 2nd line NHL player. And yes, someone like David Booth will dominate the KHL, not that David Booth is a bad player, someone like Mason Raymond will thrive in the KHL, the leauge were "everyone will win the Lady Pearson trophy for sportsmanship." this is no joke. The only player that I know of, that is probably good enough to play as a top 4 defencemen is Kiril Koltsov. But we don't want him. End thread.

Maybe if we still had shirokov? I heard he was doing pretty well over there.. but I think that's also different because he left after his contract expired.. We'd have his rights but he'd still have to go through waivers

let's just say Sergei "skipped over by us" Shirokov was among the top scorers in the KHL and that

guys like Nik Zherdev, Brandon Bochenski and LA Kings castoff Kevin Dallman (do I hear a "who?"-- Horton) are All-Stars over there, when they could barely even hold down jobs here.

unless we could pull out Ziggy Palffy and turn time back by 12 years no thanks.

LOL, also there is no one worth going after in the KHL. Some of you need to understand, theres a gap level in terms of skill between the KHL and the NHL, as biased as some Russian fans will tell you. The best KHL players will not make it as a top line NHL player, but maybe , just maybe a 2nd line NHL player. And yes, someone like David Booth will dominate the KHL, not that David Booth is a bad player, someone like Mason Raymond will thrive in the KHL, the leauge were "everyone will win the Lady Pearson trophy for sportsmanship." this is no joke. The only player that I know of, that is probably good enough to play as a top 4 defencemen is Kiril Koltsov. But we don't want him. End thread.

Archived