The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

Your point is completely valid wondering why we aren't on our own boards. I can't speak for others but I avoid our boards because of the bandwagon idiots that fill the board. I come to these boards to read and occasionally chime in to chat hockey with fans that for the most part are not complete morons. While obviously biased, which is clearly expected, it is still much more entertaining and fulfilling to discuss things among fans that have been watching hockey for longer then 4 seasons... I hope that by now I have earned the respect and the right to chime in every now and again. I started posting here in 09 and have only posted a small number of times since then so I hope I am not viewed as a troll the times I do make my appearances on your board. I am a guest here and don't wish to step on toes.

Well...I agree with Mr. Fraser this time:

"Daniel Sedin should not have gotten a free pass last night in the game either. His high hit on Duncan Keith warranted at least a minor penalty for boarding or as I would prefer, an illegal check to the head. Even though this is not the type of hit you would expect from Daniel Sedin nor does he have a previous history, his illegal contact to the head of Duncan Keith should also be reviewed and dealt with."

Is it too much to hope that he is suspended for 14 games, reg season and playoffs combined. I think that would be more than adequate to send the message to the league that head shots are out of the question, while still allowing a slim hope that he can come in and contrbute if his team makes round 2. Am I being too lenient?

nah i think rene bourque on backstrom is the most blatant headshot of the year. but ya if Rome got 4 game in the SCF for a clean but late hit.. then Keith should be suspended for the rest of the regular season and maybe 1-2 game in the first round.. i mean what's suspending Keith for the regular season going to do? nothing honestly except losing a chunk in his salary.. it's suspending them for meaningful games that's going to hurt them..

but i think Sedin's borderline hit on Keith is also going to be a factor in the suspension here. Stop telling yourself that was a clean solid hit.. it was a borderline hit at best considering Daniel's shoulder was higher than necessary.

Is it too much to hope that he is suspended for 14 games, reg season and playoffs combined. I think that would be more than adequate to send the message to the league that head shots are out of the question, while still allowing a slim hope that he can come in and contrbute if his team makes round 2. Am I being too lenient?

Well...I agree with Mr. Fraser this time:

"Daniel Sedin should not have gotten a free pass last night in the game either. His high hit on Duncan Keith warranted at least a minor penalty for boarding or as I would prefer, an illegal check to the head. Even though this is not the type of hit you would expect from Daniel Sedin nor does he have a previous history, his illegal contact to the head of Duncan Keith should also be reviewed and dealt with."

I don't understand why the media/fans keep saying he's not a repeat offender - do you have to be given supplemental discipline in order to be classified as a repeat offender? Matt Cooke and Ruslan Salei would like to remind people Keith is not as classy as he puts himself out to be.

When I heard about this hit someone just told me that "One of the sedins is out of the game" and i was like "Oh God I hope its not henrik" I was just happy that some hawk didn't end henrik's ironman streak.

as much as I feel for daniel and daniel is a great player if one of them had to miss some games with injury i would perfer it not be hank.

I don't understand why the media/fans keep saying he's not a repeat offender - do you have to be given supplemental discipline in order to be classified as a repeat offender? Matt Cooke and Ruslan Salei would like to remind people Keith is not as classy as he puts himself out to be.

It is suspendable of course. He was going for D.Sedin head, he didn't even look at the puck the whole time. He had no intention to play the puck, he was clearly trying to hit D.Sedin head. It was a dirty dirty hit. Shane Doan is suspended for 3 games, Duncan Keith should be penalize more than 3 games. I think 5 games is the call.

I just hope Daniel is back for the playoffs id imagine he got concussed and they can be a very scary thing Backstrom stil hasnt played from that hit.

I think 6 to 8 games is right, 7 regular games and one playoff would definitely send the message. Everyone has brain farts but you still have to pay for them.

It' very clear from Keith's hit on Matt Cooke (who if anyone deserves a cheapshot since he's the worst in the league) that Keith is a repeat offender.

He clearly doesn't like getting hit, he is a shifty defenceman, very difficult to hit, but when he is hit solidly, he completely loses it and retaliates with deliberate attempts to injure.

In Cooke's case, since the man has no brains, the hit had no effect, in the case of Daniel, we have something more serious.

The NHL has to crack down on this, it's totally unacceptable for a player who was hit with a clean check, (which Daniel's hit clearly was, just watch the video at the NHL Ref's) to then make threats against the player who hit him, and finally target the player when he was not a puck carrier and not anywhere near the puck with a hit which was directed solely at the head.

Keith's statements afterwards are just attempts to cover his A**, he has no integrity at all, and I hope the league see's through the bullsh*t and steps on him hard.

More Moronic Nhl Crap

Rome gets 4 Games in Stanley Cup Final for a Legal .8 sec late hit and says its going Tough as a Explanation?

Keith gets 5 Meaningless games,and gets to rest for Playoffs? something the Hawks may have done anyways?

Yeah ,Conspiracy theories on the way the NHL treats the Canucks have NO merit whatsoever !

Archived