The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pattern

alltheway4

20-Ridiculous-Bacon-Products.jpg

Edit; Just wanted to say that this subject has been beaten to death. I noticed your post count and I know your new and I would prefer to take a second and welcome you instead of being a complete smart ass.

Welcome to CDC. :)

k well, I really like the pic so it stays though... lol

Edit; Just wanted to say that this subject has been beaten to death. I noticed your post count and I know your new and I would prefer to take a second and welcome you instead of being a complete smart ass.

The pattern is clear. Lack of scoring production. The sedins are the straw that stirs the drink. The issue is not perplexing folks. The NHL has been calling the games exactly like the playoffs since the all star break. What does this mean? It means that on any given night the best defenseman on the opposing team will clutch, grab, elbow, hit, cross-check, and get away with it. The sedins absolutely rely on creating space. They are way to slow to create an off the rush attack. The sedins have been margalinized. They have zero space. The power play opportunities have been cut in half since January. This team goes nowhere without their production. The second line has had chances, without finishing. The biggest problem isn't our toughness! Nor was it last year. It is the lack of finishers on this team. Hodgson to me was just coming into his own. A offensive threat, natural goal scorer, that would alleviate pressure off the top two lines. This trade was totally not needed. Kassian is a good "prospect", but that's not what was needed. Why not do a better deal in the off season? When the prices are better and more teams interested? Hodgson was not weak nor soft. Anyway, this team is in serious trouble. Can't win if you can't score!

The pattern is clear. Lack of scoring production. The sedins are the straw that stirs the drink. The issue is not perplexing folks. The NHL has been calling the games exactly like the playoffs since the all star break. What does this mean? It means that on any given night the best defenseman on the opposing team will clutch, grab, elbow, hit, cross-check, and get away with it. The sedins absolutely rely on creating space. They are way to slow to create an off the rush attack. The sedins have been margalinized. They have zero space. The power play opportunities have been cut in half since January. This team goes nowhere without their production. The second line has had chances, without finishing. The biggest problem isn't our toughness! Nor was it last year. It is the lack of finishers on this team. Hodgson to me was just coming into his own. A offensive threat, natural goal scorer, that would alleviate pressure off the top two lines. This trade was totally not needed. Kassian is a good "prospect", but that's not what was needed. Why not do a better deal in the off season? When the prices are better and more teams interested? Hodgson was not weak nor soft. Anyway, this team is in serious trouble. Can't win if you can't score!

It's the only pro sports league in the world that has a drastic inconsistency from start to finish. How does Keith not get an automatic ejection from the game? They want to eliminate head shots? The antics of last nights game would have been eliminated if Keith was tossed. Banana Republic once again. They should start fining Refs if the wrong call is made and suplementary discipline is required after the fact.

Clearly the refs saw Keith's hit because they called a penalty...But how in God's name could they see that and not give him 5 and a game??? How??????? The ref should be suspended as well. That is completely unacceptable.

But yes, NHL reffing is the most frustrating thing about the sport. The inconsistency is mind boggling. It is the only sport I watch where there is situational reffing. A penalty in the first period is not a penalty in overtime. A penalty 5 on 5 will not be a penalty if you are 5 on 4. A penalty in the first game of the season will not be a penalty in the first game of the playoffs.

Consistency is all we ask, but have come to accept that it will never happen.

How you ask? Starts from the top. An experienced leader that has no ties to old time hockey. Gary Bettmans tenure should be ended soon. Why are we going back to early 2000 clutch/grab, no penalty era? Even the Canucks seem to be accepting it? Why isn't our leader MG holding a press conference, about the return of this? Canucks are DOA if this continues.

Archived