The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**why No Jordan Schroeder?**

carlweezer

Guest Dasein

The farm needs Jordan more than we do. He's having a good run so far, let the kid play out the year, as their in playoff contention too. 20 mins in the dub or 8 mins here...

5 times - 4 times it was the goaltender like Giguere. A lot of controversy in Giguere getting it though, because Marty Brodeur posted 3 shutouts in the Stanley Cup Finals alone - including game 7. Should have gone to Marty, but the Devils MVP vote got split between a lot of players because so many of them played so well (ie, Scott Niedermayer was tied for team lead in scoring as a defenseman).

please tell me you didnt just call Mark Mancari physical......this guy couldnt hit himself out of a wet paper bag which and he is 6'4! and having Schroeder on a top 6 line , he doesnt have to be physical. He will never be physical when he becomes an everyday Canuck. He will play like Derek Roy and best case scenario M St Louis.

I think it was late January or early February when Gillis went on the Team 1040 and said that Schroeder would be called up at some point this year. However, the Canucks haven't been playing well so I don't think that Schroeder will be called up now during the season because the Canucks need to get their groove back.

I never really realized it, but now I wonder why Schroeder hasn't been called up. Gillis said himself months ago that he would call up Schroeder some time during the season, and now there is less than 10 games left. You would think that in a time where one of our stars go down, and when we can't buy a goal that he would call up the guy.

Sure it may be against the CBA, sure it may be a dirty little trick that sure would not look good if it ever did get out that the nucks were telling players to pretend to be hurt. But guess what sometimes you gotta play dirty to get where you want to be. Do i think ballard is hurt, no i dont. Why would he risk it? pretty simple actually. the nucks can end his career if they wanted to. Sure ballard could come out and say hey they told me to do this but if he did not only would he be crucified by all of vancouver because it could never be proven unless he had a tape recording of it but every other team would look at this guy as a rat. They own ballard quite litteraly. they pay him 4.2 million dollars a year. If gillis comes in and says hey, your hurt. you get a month of and thats that, guess what? he better freakin do it or he will never play again. I know people think the world is all nice and pretty sometimes, but this is a buisness and sometimes there are casualities, ballard just happens to be one of them. I bet ballard didnt like it but you make it seem so easy to go against an organization. ballard isnt a star, he doesnt fill up the seats he is lucky to be a canuck and he knows it.

Gillis said just before the deadline we had $2 mill in capspace without any LTIR.

As we shed salary with Hodgson, that should mean Ballard can come back whenever?

Maybe thats why we traded CoHo... So we could bring back Ballard... :rolleyes:

so you are saying we asked an important Dman to fake an injury so we can trade for a 3rd line grinding centre?

I'm not sure why he hasn't had a call up yet. A month or so ago MG said on 1040 that they were hoping to call him up at some point before the end of the season to get a few NHL games experience and that his play of late deserved a call up

Getting back to the topic, yes Gillis did say that Schroeder would get a call-up this year, but I strongly suspect he won't. The third line has a clear identity now that Pahlsson is centering it, and it is not one the Schroeder could really be a part of. The other thing that management said about Schroeder is that he would have to dominate at the AHL level before he becomes a Canuck. Increasingly this appears to be true. It wouldn't shock me if Pahlsson is resigned for at least another year, and Schroeder spends another year in the minors. Probably the end of Malhotra's contract will be when he really gets a shot, and even that may just be to showcase him for a trade as with Cody this year. Not a lot of room at center on this club.

Archived