The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] - Nux 2-1 Stars

Jaimito

OK, where are the stats that goal scoring is down, and how significantly? One thing to say it, another to present facts.

There were only 5 players who scored more than 40 goals last season (2 were Canucks). This yr, there are likely 5-7 players who will score 40 or more goals (none of them Canucks). So why can't a Canuck be in that category like they were last year? Cause like I said, they are having career worst seasons.

That's great that a few goaltenders are having better seasons that last year, what does it have to do with Canucks top offensive players having career worst seasons? Canucks don't play Elliot, Lundqvist and Halak every night. There is no direct correlation between those goaltenders and Canucks top players having bad years.

Also, Canucks are on pace to have 20 fewer 'goals for' this season. You deduct Hodgys goals (that they don't have going forward) that's 36 fewer goals than last season. That's significant, as I said, that puts them in company with NYR, Carolina etc etc.

Also, Canucks are on pace to have approx 20 more 'goals against' this season. So not only is goal scoring down, but goals against is up for this team.

That's ok. Detroit lost 11 in a row in the last month of the season they won the cup. It's all good dude. :towel: Honestly...the more energy the Canucks save, the better. Just save it for the playoffs. The game against Chicago yesterday and the Stars game today are two good examples of what to expect from this team. And hopefully there will be much more scoring punch added once Daniel gets back and if Kesler kicks it up a notch. Don''t worrryyyyy. :emot-parrot:

Good road game. Getting better defensively though still too many high quality chances being given up.

Cory really kept them in it early on and played very strong except for theone mistake. Still, up until then his stick handlein had been great and really helped the D clear the zone in a hurry.

Tanev is so calm and reads the play and moves the puck so intelligently. He is playing more physical as well and while he is still filling out, seem sto be able to push guys and maintain position quite well.

Raymond had another strong night and finally got a good bounce.

While Kassian didn't fight, I though his presence was a deterrent in the scrums. He made a nice outlet pass to Hank that led to the BIeksa goal.

Alberts really struggled to keep up and had some pretty bad and dangerous turnovers.

Kesler's line has to start sending somebody to the net. ALl three like to try fo an open shot but nobody's gong to the blue paint. If one of them starts driving into that area, they will start to pot some goals.

Aside from faceoffs Manny looks lost out there. His puck control is brutal. I feel bad for him but he just doesn't seem to be able to handle the puck at all.

I loved that shot of Henrik on the bench getting into it with the Dallas bench. Then the camera shows Raymond and Luongo laughing at whatever was being said. Henrik is playing with some anger and emotion now and it was nice to see.

So I did some sleuthing regarding AV's comments about official Dan O'Halloran.

Turns out O'Halloran has officiated 5 Canucks games this yr. In each game, the opponent has had more PP opportunities than Canucks (11-20 overall). This is unusual - you should see at least 2-3 games in which this is not the case.

He is the guy who officiated most the games in the SCF last season. I think, due to AV's comments, Canucks org is having issues with this guy after that series. Likely due to the post-SCF comments about officiating. Perhaps they will, or have, requested no more games with him.

Read the whole PGT and not 1 criticism of AV or the lines. A first! I hope he's done experimenting but time will tell. Great game, well fought but I would still like to see more goals.

A bonus, the game was televised in New Zealand. We get 1 game a week on t.v. so watching it on the big screen instead of the computer or Team 1040 Internet radio was awesome.

I loved that shot of Henrik on the bench getting into it with the Dallas bench. Then the camera shows Raymond and Luongo laughing at whatever was being said. Henrik is playing with some anger and emotion now and it was nice to see.

Archived