The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Name Around The League

Trollerblader

This is definitely true and I honestly expect nothing less from fans. However, being an influential media outlet that is expected to provide factual news, it is a little bit disturbing how unprofessional the article is. If it was a blog then it's understandable.

I'm just really disappointed in the trending decline of professionalism in the media.

I think the majority of columnists can't rationally defend Keith's play. It's worth a lengthy suspension and no other way around that, despite of who we are as a team.

Those that are irrational and plain stupid, why even take the energy to be outraged at what they wrote? They're not even worth the time of the day.

Wow, Chi-town reporters are really dumb. It would appear that all you need to be a "sports journalist" in Chicago is the ability to read and understand the directions on a shampoo bottle. Americans (in general) are just really angry at the world for not failing as badly as them. Clearly a proper education should be more of a priority than ufc, nickelback and war; especially if the career involves writing or comprehension.

I really don't care if people succumb to their own bias and hate the Canucks or not. The important thing is that I like the Canucks, and some journalist from Chicago isn't going to change my opinion on the matter.

As for Keith, now that he has to meet with Shanahan in person rather than over the phone, he's going to get the suspension he deserves.

i really think it's just about even across the board. obviously the new york post is going to write something douchy about vancouver if they meet in the playoffs, and you can't argue that vancouver writers don't write equivalent things about other teams. that's just what sells. it's written for the people who read it. when people read a newspaper here, they want to hear the bruins are thugs, so they'll feed that to them, and chicago wants to hear the canucks are divers, so that's what's written. as you can see on this and other boards, few people seem to be interested in a reasonable and educated conversation about the sport of hockey. they want to have some beers, cheer for their team, boo the other one and blame someone when their team loses.

as a fan who lives in san diego and has to buy the "center ice" package im often forced to watch the broadcast on the opposing teams channel. its quite rediculous some of the comments, i often watch games on mute.

according to the commentators chicago did nothing wrong the other night and van should be in one giant penalty box for the rest of the season. people hate the best, and we often are the best. one other team has the right to say sh!t on that fact, and its unfortunately boston.

it is what it is, it wont stop. the only thing we can do is realize why they hate on us and thats because were the best. theyre orig 6 so they get the royal treatment no less.

it was good to see our guys go after him and finally stick up for one and other rather than forget about it after the minor penalty. i think they're finally starting to say they wont take anyones bulls#!t so take note! and going in to the playoffs i think the other teams will take note.

its also good to see a suspension on an orig 6 team for a violation against the canucks. its happened what, once this season? after years of taking cheap shots and having them overlooked, especially by chicago.

the conotations wearing my nerve's thin

could it be semantics generating the mess we're in

i understand that language breeds stereotype

BUT WHATS THE EXPLANATION FOR THE MALICE ,FOR THE SPITE

fat mike

i really do not understand the animosity and sometimes down right hatred that goes on in the hockey world a lot of the players do not seem to respect each other , and reading fan boards of a lot of teams blows me away how much bad feeling there is .

i thought this was game, and games are meant to bring people together

What really pisses me off is how the hawks and their fans complain our cheap shots and dirty antics. Sure, our team is guilty for doing some of that, but they don't call out the other team about it (except for that Ladd cheapshot). A few years ago they had Eager, Byfuglien, Ladd, Bolland, Burish, Versteeg, and Brouwer going around taking liberties on our team.

How different are they from Lapierre, Burrows, Bieksa, Hansen? They even went as far as headshotting a couple of our guys (Rypien, Kesler, and now Sedin), yet we've been the dirtier team all these years? Even last year tons of their guys went slashing and tripping a bunch of our players after the whistles.

Oh and to some of you canucks fans, toughness isn't everything, and the two hawks series before last years are huge example of it.; we had O'Brien, Rypien, Bieksa (during 'prime' of his toughness), and Hordichuk yet we were unable to overcome them.

The Colorado Avalanche in their hay days were the most hated team in the leauge. When Roy Sakic and Forsberg was there. We hated them because they were good, and other teams hate them badly. Don't let this get to you, I actually find it funny. Do you see people hating on the Oilers? Probably not. Don't worry about it, as long as we keep winning, it's all that matters. Winning comes with the price of other people hating you guys then so be it.

Archived