The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Winnipeg Jets Better Make The Playoffs!

Xbox

He didn't really say anything overly bad though, he's right, in five years time and they still are struggling it might get tough. That's just him being honest. With the way the op put it, I thought he said something to the point of, Toronto will make the playoffs before Winnipeg.

What I took out of that article was this quote.

"That's right, Burke himself can continue to put losing teams on the ice in the Centre of the Universe, as he's done the last two-plus years, and the Leafs will continue to pack the joint."

Two plus years? When was this article written? Way to sugarcoat it!

10 Winnipeg 74 35 31 8 31 78 200 214 23-11-4 12-20-4 5-5-0 Won 1

11 Carolina 75 30 30 15 30 75 198 223 19-13-6 11-17-9 6-3-1 Lost 1

12 Toronto 75 33 34 8 29 74 214 235 16-14-6 17-20-2 3-6-1 Won 1

All I can say still is suck it Burke! Your Leafs with a maxed out salary cap can't even outplay a team whos sitting at $51 mill salary cap!

Guest The Brown Burrows

They won't make it. Washington and Buffalo are much better teams (that just under-performed for 3/4 of the season), I can't see the Jets making it unless both of them start to play .500 hockey. Would have been nice though. :(

Agreed, they're the team in the east that's fighting for the final playoff spot that I'm rooting for. Not only would it be a feel good story for the people of Winnipeg, I'm sure the reception they'll receive when they step onto the ice for their first playoff game, in what must feel like an eternity, will be ecstatic.

Archived