The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wheeler's Off-Season Moves!

Some has obviously been talked about but...

To Tampa Bay: Cory Schneider

To Vancouver: Brett Connolly, Detroit 1st

To Toronto: Vancouver 2012 1st Round Pick, Andrew Alberts

To Vancouver: Cody Franson

To Florida: Mason Raymond

To Vancouver: Quinton Howden

And here is what I'd LIKE to see next year, I think it would be an extremely exciting lineup.

Sedin / Sedin / Burrows (obviously)

Higgins / Kesler / Booth (obviously)

Kassian / Schroeder / Connolly (Would be fun to actually see a good youth line on Vancouver)

Malhotra / Lapierre / Hansen

Bieksa / Hamhuis

Edler / Franson (Tanev)

Ballard / Tanev (Franson)

Connauton

Definitely excited to see Tanev getting a legitimate shot next year, and also feel Connauton will be a really great addition if he can make the jump next year. REALLY excited for Connauton, I feel he will be very similar to a Subban type player.

I'd like Howden. He's got some size, is a winger, and feel he'd be a great replacement when the time comes Higgins or Booth are not on this team anymore.

Thoughts?

Franson is near irrelevant in Toronto, Burke would run to the bank laughing if you gave a first for him.

Also Florida laughs Gillis off the phone then tweets about it so everyone else can laugh.

I'll be the first to rag on Raymond as I've never liked him. Regardless of my personal opinion of him, he has put up pretty good numbers, and if keeps playing like he did last game, I would say he is easily overpayment for Howden. Florida would have to consider it, they would be getting a player who could help them continue winning (especilly with the most likely departure of Samuellson and Sturm next year)

And as for the 1st for Franson.... Sorry, but with this years draft I'm not really putting any stock in any picks after 15. Heck, I don't really care for anything after the 10th pick. The draft year just isn't that good, and I'd be perfectly fine dealing our first for a 6'5", 200+lb, 24 years old, 20+point, BC born defenseman.

Why in gods name would we give up a first for Franson??? People were saying last year that we didn't need a first. Well, we got a gem in Jensen. And I don't want to risk giving up another potential gem as our prospect pool is getting pretty thin.

Archived