The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bitz Should Be Recalled

406281dylan

Look i really like Manny but i find he has been pretty careless with the puck and he has not been doing much i find weise has been a touch better then him and Lappy plays much better as a centermen then winger i think bitz would really be a good call up to add some pressure to guys like manny and bitz just to show them that they are not safe.

I think MG is saving him for the playoffs. He's our wildcard. Weise will be sat, Bitz will be up here. Right now though we have too many 4th line gritty players and not enough top-6 forwards.

I guess having Hodgson right now would have helped...

that tops dumb sh!t ive seen on CDC, im sorry. weise will not be sat and surely not for bitz, hes pretty much our best 4th liner as of lately, is part of the "grit" we brought in, and he fits that role well.

sorry to say but we wouldnt unless injury or other emergency bring up bitz and demote manny, thats just not smart and also sends a bad message thru the rest of the team. manny is a good leader and even if hes not doing well on the ice hes good to have in the locker room. he's pretty killer in the faceoff circle too if theres nothing else good we can say about him.

love how about a month ago people relished at our amazing depth pretty much anywhere. now we dont even have enough top 6 forwards. looks like our 7th 8th and 9th forwards just won it for us...no depth here though.

To recall him we would need to make room on the roster. There is no other forward other than Kassian that can be sent down without waivers. We don't need him right now so no point.

Not sure if the Wolves are in a playoff position but if not he along with Mancari, Duco, Reinprecht and probably even Schroeder and Rodin will join the team for the playoffs.

I would like to see Schroeder and Reinprecht recalled. And assuming Daniel is back for the playoffs, if not:

Higgins - Henrik - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Schroeder

Malhotra - Pahlsson - Burrows

Reinprecht - Lapierre - Hansen

Ugh i accidently plus'd you when i want to hit reply, i really need to stop doing that.

I disagree, weise is not our best 4th liner, and he cant fight, i would much rather see bitz in weise spot. Lap is easily our best 4th liner and i feel bad he has to play with a struggling manny and dale weise.

As for manny hes struggling. He brings faceoff and leadership, but those are all things sammy pahlsson brings, plus a cup. I think sammy filled mannys void. IM going to get heat for saying this, but I would like to see someone else get a chance in dale or mannys spot. Our goal is to win, not give sympathy for people who have been struggling no matter how much we like him.

Firstly, I think we should stick with Manny. He's a warrior. He deserves a little faith. I know that's not something CDC is big on but he has had a hellish time and if he is passing his sight examinations (which you have to assume he is) then hopefully he is ready to break out.

Secondly, let's not get on young Kassian's back. He didn't trade Hodgson. He is a year younger than Hodgson and he requires nursing along. He has a big body and at 21 it will tire him out easily until he gets some maturity. No one said he would come here and play big minutes, fight like Tyson and hit half the opposition into next week every night.

If you thought that you are a fool.

He is an investment. I'm not saying he won't have his moments for us in the playoffs but for goodness sake cut him a break he has hardly had time to "get his feet under the table"

My issue with manny if we can put aside our like for him is...without sammy he served a purprose even though he was not playing well.

With sammy in the line up we have essentially a better version of manny right now. He is a beast in faceoff's, he checks hard, he brings vetran leadership and a cup ring something manny does not. If pahlsson was not there i would say manny still serves a purpose even if he is not playing well.

I dont think we can just give manny a spot heading into playoffs because we still feel bad for him and his accident. Hes under contract, theres always next year to give him more time. Our goal right now is to win, and with pahlsson playing great, i just feel theres little need for manny's expertise at the moment. In the chicago game it became apparent. Pahlsson was out taking draws and getting off the ice, and wasnt he 13-4 in the faceoff circle?

Archived